Number 3- Mv Or Benelli? - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: BENELLI v.s. MV
BENELLI CAFE RACER 1 3.33%
MV 312 29 96.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Number 3- Mv Or Benelli?

Well coming to a MV forum the answer it´s obvious but...

I own two Ducati´s 999 (love it) and Monster S2R so the red section of the garage is covered. Ducati always was my favourite bike but the third one I decided to change the company not the country so MV´s and Benelli´s were my second choices.
Benelli is an historical company that I always loved but when it comes to reliability I guess I can have some susprises even that the assistance is very well covered. The model in question is the TNT Cafe Racer and I guess it´s commun opinion that the 1130 is very good, I tested and found it great. The electrics I think was improved by the chinese when they took over the company (go figure that) the main problems on the bike explained me the salesman was the ignition, again recently changed by the chinese owners with success.
The only extra I´m considering to add is the Termignoni and with that I can have a very good price for the bike. I´m only afraid I´ll be getting tired with the sofisticated design.
Exclusivity is assured because Benelli here sell 5 to 10 bikes year...

MV I loved the pearl 312 even considering that for the same price, a DUC is a better investment but that´s my twin heart talking.
Anyway I know MV should have a new model soon so buying this bike now is a mistake for the actual price...I guess!!!
The design is timeless and for a bike lover this counts alot.
At this point I´m still considering this two options -wait or buy- so feel free to share your comments and advices.
take care and drive safe.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 06:52 PM

That benelli looks like a anime brought to life.. not my tastes

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 06:52 PM

Sorry, but that's a total non-brainer.

312R no doubt about it

Like you just said, it's timeless..........

BTW congrats on the 999 (i love mine, too )
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 PM

Tried the Benelli--A wicked motor, but the rest leaves much to be desired, especcially at the price of a Brutale 910R (which also comes in a Pearl White/Black color); I say buy the Brutale
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 PM

I think Benelli are Chinese owned now right? I don't know...I find it hard to think of Benelli as being exotic knowing that they are a Chinese based company.

Imagine how you would feel if you just found out that the Lambo or Ferrari you just bought was really funded by a Chinese company. Kind of takes away the Euro out of it I think.

2000 Neiman Marcus
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 PM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_Drew
I think Benelli are Chinese owned now right? I don't know...I find it hard to think of Benelli as being exotic knowing that they are a Chinese based company.

Imagine how you would feel if you just found out that the Lambo or Ferrari you just bought was really funded by a Chinese company. Kind of takes away the Euro out of it I think.

I think that is a bit of a shallow way to think about it. If you are worried about the current owner causing supply problems for parts, etc., fine, that makes sense and doesn't smack of elitism.

MV was owned by a malaysian company for a while. I don't think that stopped many people from buying them or thinking of them as any less Italian.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 PM

If you seriously cant make up your mind between that piece of trash and a 312, you deserve the Benelli.

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:16 AM

New Site Garage
If you want to buy naked i agree with FAZER6, BRUTALE 910R is the only way.
But if you want superbike this piece of art (312 w/p) is special.
BETTER TO BE THE LAST BEFORE THE FACE LIFT COME , it's like to have the last 998r.
I had both of them (910r,312r) and my love fly to MV for EVER. THERE IS something magic to this machines !!!!!!!!

Monster S4
996s
998s
999s
Brutale 910r
F4 1000 312r
1098r
Hypermotard 1100
F4 1000r (2010)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Established Member

Well. First of all, BUY THE MV!

Second of all, “sorry for the analogue” if you were to go to a forum that’s lets say all about the love of apples, and someone posted a question on that forum. “Hi I was at the grocery store and I saw apples and oranges, and I can’t decide which one to buy. Do you guys have any suggestions?” For some reason or another I’m guessing your going to have a biased answer towards apples. Note the lacking of the analogy is in the price difference; you probably wouldn’t lose any sleep over the choice or notice a dent in the pocket book, or care about the price difference.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that everyone on this forum bought an MV because they love the handling, or the power curve, or the History of MV Agusta, or the fact that it’s the best looking bike on the god dam planet! “Sorry, a bit of biased slipped out.”

And with the cost of an MV if anyone on this forum wanted they probable could have gotten something else, with in reason. So I don’t think your going to find much opposition to the MV’s here or an "I wish I’d bought that bike instead" kind of talk.

Not sure that helps but I just figured I’d point it out. Seems a bit odd to me.
And I hope you see the humor in it.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch
I think that is a bit of a shallow way to think about it. If you are worried about the current owner causing supply problems for parts, etc., fine, that makes sense and doesn't smack of elitism.

MV was owned by a malaysian company for a while. I don't think that stopped many people from buying them or thinking of them as any less Italian.
You're right, sounds a bit like elitism, but....it's OK.
Anyway, back to the topic, I would get the 312R as well, even though it's comparing apples to oranges, like was already said.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode