F4s 750 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

F4s 750

Hey Guys,

I am new here and as I am considering purchasing an MV or perhaps a Ducati.

I would like some assistance with the following;

1) Do they still make the F4S 750?
2) If not, why did they stop making it?
3) What's it like say compared with a Ducati 748?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards

2005 - 996 Porsche Turbo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1973 - 911 Porsche RS Carrera 2.8 RSR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 - X5 BMW

Gone but not forgotten;

2002 - 748 Ducati
1996 - 125 Cagiva Mito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:01 AM

No, they don't build F4 750's anymore. The last 750's were build end of 2004 or begin of 2005 as SR Edition. Why did they stop ? Because they build the 1000 since instead ! Sorry I can't compair the F4 750 to a 748, never had the later.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 AM

New Site Garage
I had a 748 a few years back and even though had fallen in love with the looks of the F4 struggled quite a bit to convince myself to buy the F4 coz I was a confirmed 'twin lover' . I've had my F4 750 Evo3 now for over three years and love it more than I ever could the 748.
The twins and fours develop power differently and it takes a bit of getting used to when you jump on an inline 4 after riding twins for a few years. The F4 (750) has a few more horses (when revved) and you soon adapt and thank yourself for buying it! Both have quite aggressive riding positions so not much in it here - you can however ease the riding position by moding clipons or changing them (not difficult to do).
Usually it's the heart that's set on the F4 and the mind tries to be logical but I think you'll find that for most people the heart wins and they never look back.
My advice is take both for a test ride. Initially you'll probably like the power delivery of the 748 over the F4 but long term I believe that you'll get much more pleasure from the F4.
Good luck and be sure to trawl this forums' threads you'll find many insights to the F4 and a bunch of great people.

Last edited by TakisM; 09-03-2007 at 07:47 AM. Reason: incorrect assumption
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 AM

I had an F4 750 for seven years, and still have my nine year old 748. The riding position is a little more aggressive on the MV, with a slightly longer reach to the bars and a slightly higher saddle. There were enough complaints about the handlebars that the 1000 has them raised. On the street I suppose it's a fair gripe, but on the racetrack, I thought they were exactly where they needed to be.

The chassis on the two bikes is similar, but the 748 is clearly the ancestor, with the MV being more solid and refined.

The biggest difference is power delivery. It takes more work to keep the 750 on the boil. The 748 power is linear an predictable, ideal traits for an unfamiliar section of twisty road. In a situation like that, you can't use the power advantage of the MV

My 748 is very well set up, although a bit on the stiff side. It's almost exactly as I was racing it. My 750 was the same, although even set up for racing it was a little softer. Both are a joy to ride, sound magnificent (with the right exhaust) and when dialed in, handle amazingly well. The MV chassis is a generation later in development from the same designer. The four vs. two power is the biggest difference, and that's a matter of preference.

If money is any consideration, the 748 tanked in resale value about five years ago. You could pick up a fine example and spend quite a bit on extras and still come in thousands less than a 750 MV.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys,

You have posted a pretty comprehensive wrap and I think the best thing to do is go out and test one....

2005 - 996 Porsche Turbo

1973 - 911 Porsche RS Carrera 2.8 RSR

2005 - X5 BMW

Gone but not forgotten;

2002 - 748 Ducati
1996 - 125 Cagiva Mito

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode