Latest info from my dealer - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Latest info from my dealer

I was chatting to my dealer the other day and he informs me that after a meeting with MV representatives in the UK recently, he has been told that there are no changes due for the 312 in 2008. However, the changes will take place in 2009. Which I suppose will make sense with the injection of cash into the company regarding the recent deal with BMW. However, this is all subject to change as we see from the R to the 312 in a short space of time.

However, just spoke to the importer in the UK who states that they are planning an upgrade to the 312 in 2008?

I give up!

Last edited by nicensleazy; 08-30-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 04:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
That makes sense, but a year is along time. Assuming the Fogarty team starts racing I am sure there would be an update through the year. (variable intakes anyone and traction control anyone?)

I spoke with my dealer and he is bit pissed off, as he said there are a lot of speculation with new models not only for MV but with Ducati for next year which is making some 312 potential buyers say "lets wait and see".
He also said the supersport contender has a lot of strength to the rumours.

MVA Sydney
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 05:55 AM

well well the rumors are still going wild... come on milan show!

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Established Member

If nothing is presented at Milan this year, at least we know the 312R will be top product for another year at least, which would be a good idea.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 PM

I really would like to see something new come out. I can then decide which one to get and not feel bad about it. If I buy now and something new come out I would feel kinda cheated. That and there will be some spectacular deals on F4R's and 312's if something new comes out.

post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Established Member

True, but if they start doing like the japanese manufacturers and change the bike every 2 years, it's no fun.
The F4 1000 has already been changed from 1000S to 1000R and then to 1000R 312 in 2 years, they started producing the 1000R in 2006 and in 2007 the R312 was the newer version. Talk about being cheated.
Not to mention, if they make a new bike, maybe it won't be as good looking as the F4, but it will definitely be technicaly better, so it's a gamble.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrus
True, but if they start doing like the japanese manufacturers and change the bike every 2 years, it's no fun.
The F4 1000 has already been changed from 1000S to 1000R and then to 1000R 312 in 2 years, they started producing the 1000R in 2006 and in 2007 the R312 was the newer version. Talk about being cheated.
Not to mention, if they make a new bike, maybe it won't be as good looking as the F4, but it will definitely be technicaly better, so it's a gamble.
I am taking looks over Tech. any day of the week. The bike is so far beyond anything I could ever throw at it anyway.

I do agree with you I dont like how they have changed models so much in the past few years but I suppose that is the way to keep things fresh dunno

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
I am taking looks over Tech. any day of the week. The bike is so far beyond anything I could ever throw at it anyway.

I do agree with you I dont like how they have changed models so much in the past few years but I suppose that is the way to keep things fresh dunno
To be honest there is not a major difference between the S and the R, it is more refined with the elecs etc, and I guess the R to 312 gap is probably smaller that the S to R gap, as the R has the later elecs that it shares with the 312 and ecu etc, It also fuels as well once the ecu is changed.

I doubt very much that MV will develop a brand new engine or major cycle parts either, expect a re-clothed bike and possibly a different exhaust with maybe the 1080 cylinders fitted on the 312R which will then be quicker so the 312 designation has to change, maybe to 321RS??? guess it depends how fast MV think it will go, certainly none of the mags have matched mV's 312kph claim, although it was matched at Bonneville I guess

Looks wise the MV is still stunning, but perhaps a little long in the tooth now?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 04:05 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrus
If nothing is presented at Milan this year, at least we know the 312R will be top product for another year at least, which would be a good idea.

Hmmm... I thought it was the base model F4

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Established Member

If you count the special edition bikes, like the Senna and CC, then it's base, but special editions aside, if a new 1000+ cc bike won't be introduced, then 312R should remain the top, correct ?
Hopefully they will build some 600cc version of the F4, or maybe a new 600cc engine, would really help sales I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode