Hey newbie here !!! 2006 f4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Cool Hey newbie here !!! 2006 f4

Hey guys new to this forum and all it's rules so please take It easy on me, have been reading tons and tons of threads on everything and u guys are the best !!!!! Before I ask a question I usually look here cause I don't want to ask something stupid but haven't seen anything on this, first my name is john and I'm in south jersey and got my F4 used with about 6500 miles been cleaning here for about a week now, changed the oil and coolant and used both agip fluids, my questions is how to clean the black shown in the picture ???? Again thanks for all ur wisdom guys and I hope I can fit right in with the family !!!!!!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 04:16 PM

Welcome to the forum! I just use regular car wash soap. Also, post more pix of the bike.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 04:32 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Welcome to the forum John,can't pronounce your forum name lol.Yes,hot soapy water on the swingarm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks !!!! waiting for my pictures in my gallery to go through the approval process so they should be up soon and my name is devil in disguise and also should the piece in the picture always look faded ?? I'll try the water and soap just wanted to make sure
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 PM

After washing I puzzled for ages on how to hide any flaws on that finish. Finally tried AUTOGLYM VINYL & RUBBER CARE, yes I know it's not vinyl or rubber, but it brings the finish up nicely and masks any flaws, it's also very easy to use.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVILiNDiSgUiSE View Post
Hey guys thanks !!!! waiting for my pictures in my gallery to go through the approval process so they should be up soon and my name is devil in disguise and also should the piece in the picture always look faded ?? I'll try the water and soap just wanted to make sure
Yes,it's a Matt finish.Also it is a very coarse finish so if you rub a dry rag over it the lint gets stuck in the grain and looks crap.Thats why I use a sponge and hot soapy water.Keep water away from your rear hub lol.Thats another story.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I'll deff try using that product and see how it goes
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:41 AM

welcome to the forum man where in south jersey are you? i am in ocean county hard to find any f4 owners around here
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVILiNDiSgUiSE View Post
Thanks I'll deff try using that product and see how it goes
You might want to start with touching up your swing arm with a little paint
you seem to have a few minor scuffs like I did. I used a size 0 brush and matt black Hammerite smooth finish paint. It is a tough paint and a semi grey/black. By using a fine brush you only need to touch up the exact area, thus any mismatch in colour by the time you use the the Autoglym product will hardly be visible.

I would recommend spraying the Autoglym vinyl care up close on to a soft cloth to apply it. This way there is no over spray on the bike, and if the cloth is pale in colour you will know when to change the cloths surface area when dirty, because this stuff will lift out dirt.

I also use it on all the bikes black plastic area's and the rear vinyl seat and rubber bits, vinyl hose etc. Obviously not on your tyres, although I have used it on tyre walls before. If you do use it on your passenger seat(that's if you have one) you must remove it using hot soapy water before you take a pillion for a ride as it is slippery.

This is the product: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-500...rubber+cleaner

If you can't get Autoglm products in the USA, any rubber/viyl product may well work just as well. I use to use ArmorAll: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-ArmorAl...p2054897.l5674

Last edited by MVBERT; 06-20-2014 at 06:16 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 07:31 AM
Established Member

Congrats and welcome to the forum,from one newbie to another.

05 MV Tamburini

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode