MV Agusta Forum banner

If it wasn’t for bad luck…

652 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Stephen W. 
#1 ·
…the Canadian F3 team would have none at all. After posting the 4th fastest time during Friday’s Pro Sport Bike practice the Royal Distributing, MV Agusta Canada 675 suffered a mechanical failure on Saturday that sidelined it for the remainder of the weekend.

photo from St Eustache practice by Dan Langevin.

See less See more
#4 ·
Do we get to watch the races live? Yes, if we drive to the tracks. :laughing:
This is Canada where everything is done on a shoe string budget. The races are videoed but the edited for TV versions don't come out until the fall. If I'm really interested I will buy the season on DVD as I never seem to be able to watch the races when they are shown.
Hell, I can't see World Superbike because I don't get the TV network that carries it here. As well as, I'm on dial up so there's no streaming of video off the nets.

#6 ·
Hey Dons, I'm still hanging in, takin' it one day at a time.
I'm not sure what the problem was this time as the team is very tight lipped about these things.
As I reported last year when Michael lost the engine, (dropped a valve) at the Mosport double header, they stripped a street bike for it's engine and raced that but it was down on power. They rebuilt the race engine but did something wrong and it went bang it's first race back. An Ontario regional prior to the last Canadian SBK round. They couldn't (or perhaps wouldn't) fix that one in time for the last National.
Then at the first round of this years Canadian National series the bike's air pressure sensor threw a code. They tried everything but couldn't get the bike to run.

So they've missed the last three National races for one reason or another. I feel for Michael as he's a great guy, good racer and very positive about the bike, (when it's running).
Plus, I really want MV to do good in Canada!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.