MV Agusta Forum banner

New Mv owner from Finland!

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Gatling 
#1 · (Edited)
:brutale:

Hello there, just coming to show off my new bike!

2010 model, 22000 km on the clock.

The bike causes alot of backfires and also seems somehow slowed down by the exhaust, but I think its not stock? Looks like a titanium full decat with original mufflers. Someone correct me?:lightning

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to MV ownership! Let the fine tuning start. Almost looks like stock cans that look gutted. Expect it to backfire if it is gutted. Great looking bike though.

#8 ·
The ECU on that Brutale will be under the fuel tank and attached directly to the engine in a most cumbersome way for removal:

Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum. Looks like we have the same bike, mods and mileage aside. Just had to make a decision between my Brute and my 2012 Tuono V4. Brute is still in the garage as it's just a better all around bike IMO. Hope that you enjoy the bike as much as I have mine.

#11 ·
Welcome.

Nice to see other Agusta people from Finland to show up.

Numbers of MV around here are gradually growing - which is nice.

Anyhow if You suspect Your bike to run lean with the decat in place, just have it dynoed.
They'll plot the AFR curve and analyze it.

With stock air filter and non modified oem cans it should be okay to run the decat pipe with oem fuel maps, but better to check it.

If the cans are gutted, or You have some oem pattern open cans it's defo gonna run lean on stock maps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.