MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - Quick Shifter Theory
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Donsy

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyk View Post
Thanks, the next question is, what`s the correct torque? It could probably just need to detect any sort of strain from it`s stable state before the shift which would negate the need to get that bolt torqued to a very specific number.
Ask your dealer or check the Workshop manual about torque settings, read up about strain gauge operation in other quick shifters, not all use the strain gauge method, some are just a switch. The pressure on the strain gauge determines how long the ignition is interrupted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
If it's really as simple as detecting strain. I don't know why it doesn't cut ignition on downshift.
I mean can it really tell if it's being pushed up or down?
Obviously that wouldn't cause it to blip or rev match but why doesn't it cut ignition to initiate a shift?
Why do you need ignition cut on downshift, your throttle is closed, if you think it through you'll see what I mean
How many wires on the F4's unit?
It's not hard these days for software developers to write program's that use downshift auto blipping via quichshifter, It's been used in racing for some time.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome