MV Agusta Forum banner

Stupidity, dumb luck, or divine retribution? You decide...

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Blimms 
#1 ·
So within 10 minutes of me turning away some god botherers at my door this morning, I had accidentally scraped the side of my F4 with the lawn mower, and then dropped it outside on the driveway whilst cleaning it..

Is somebody trying to send me a message?!

Thankfully the damage is not bad. The scrape from the mower is through the lacquer and into the paint, but I'm hoping I can get it touched up without a full panel respray.

The damage from the drop is almost none, only a little scrape on the bar end and a tiny scuff on the rear indicator. Thankfully as the stand gave way and it went down I was well placed to hold it, and despite loosing my footing and buckling my ankle, I never allowed the bike to land taking it's own weight. Amazing to think that the bar end sticks out further than anything else even the mirror.

So I've decided that despite the glorious weather today, I'm not going to risk a ride. Luck's not on my side today! :lightning

Si

#2 ·
oh man, that sucks. sorry to hear about that.

better go out and help an old lady cross the street to sort out your lagging karma.... :)

#3 ·
That sucks, i'm sorry to hear about it.

But hey, like you said, the damage is tiny and you can always repaint the fairing and send the bill to you neighbour.

As for not going for that ride, it was your call and maybe you've done the right thing. Who knows ? :)

#5 ·
Just get out there and ride Si. :smoking: I went out just before lunch and its great to get out there again after all the wind and rain we've had in the past week :)

#6 ·
wow, sorry to hear about that man, i know how much it hurts to put a sigle scratch on an mv, let alone dropping it, i think you should call those god brothers back so they can pray on your bike and u to be on the safe side.

#12 ·
Oh man that sucks. Its one of those learning experiences.

The first time I went out with my MV I nearly drop it pushing the MV backwards up a slight incline on gravel. I have been sitting cross legged for about 1 hour and my legs had pins and needles and I forgot how heavy the MV when pushing her around. My legs has turned to jelly.

#13 ·
It seems we all experience bad luck. Glad nothing major happened to your MV !!!

CAD, I don't know how good the touch up paint is ........ but, Fast By Ferraci has touch up listed on their web. Relatively inexspensive and says it's a perfect match for our bikes. When you get to the site, go to bodywork and then accessories. Scroll down and you'll see it. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.