Nose fairing brace extensions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Nose fairing brace extensions

I noticed recently that every other MY'10+ F4 appears to have flat metal extensions connected to the nose fairing brackets by the mirror mounts which provide additional bracing. My guess is that this was a late addition to dampen vibrations in the fairing "ears" and stop the from transferring to the mirrors.

My bike does not have these. The dealers parts list shows these as standard parts for all F4s from '10 onward. So my questions are:

1) Anyone else not have these fitted on theirs?
2) Were these introduced later in '10 to new bikes or were they fitted from the start and were mine simply forgotten on the production line?
3) Anyone ever fitted/removed these and noticed any difference in mirror vibration/usability?

Si
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 03:18 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWhisperer View Post
I noticed recently that every other MY'10+ F4 appears to have flat metal extensions connected to the nose fairing brackets by the mirror mounts which provide additional bracing. My guess is that this was a late addition to dampen vibrations in the fairing "ears" and stop the from transferring to the mirrors.

My bike does not have these. The dealers parts list shows these as standard parts for all F4s from '10 onward. So my questions are:

1) Anyone else not have these fitted on theirs?
2) Were these introduced later in '10 to new bikes or were they fitted from the start and were mine simply forgotten on the production line?
3) Anyone ever fitted/removed these and noticed any difference in mirror vibration/usability?

Si
Is there any way you can "post up" a photo of what your referring to? I have a 2013 and yes: after my recent "windscreen mod" I think I know exactly which brace your talking about but, I have no experience w/ the 2010 F4. -Davis
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

I can certainly get a picture of where the pieces aren't on my bike, but getting a comparison one where they are there is going to be more difficult.

I believe that these extensions were added as a bit of a last minute clumsy fix by MV and so early '10s didn't have them. And they never redesigned the fairing braces on the '13s to provide more elegant solution, sticking instead with the fix.

They're thin, black, flat metal extensions bolted onto the fairing braces that the mirrors bolt onto, that extend the support of the nose fairing further along the inside of the nose fairing backwards towards the rider along the sides under where the screen is mounted. The only purpose I can discern is that they help dampen vibrations occurring I those trailing edges resonating the mirrors. (Because if I grab my fairing there with a hand while riding the image in my mirrors suddenly becomes clearer.)

Si
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 11:29 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Oh, screenshot of both models parts list ?

Si, unfortunately I only have the Y10 bikes parts list, but I have the Y12+ bikes Workshop manual.
I can't seem to find a difference between the two fairing support brackets. But that does not mean MV changed it and then updated the parts list pictures.

Maybe more owners could help here.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 06-04-2014 at 12:32 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Established Member

Yep; my '13 has it just like (part #4) in Don's 2nd photo. It looks like the earlier ones terminated at the mirror stalk, where as mine continues about 2 1/2 more inches and attaches to the faring/windscreen again.

I can/ will post a photo of mine tomorrow night (too freak'n tired tonight). -Davis
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

That's how mine is, but all the models on the dealer's floor have additional flat extensions to those parts. They showed up on the dealer's online factory parts list, but aren't shown on those pictures above.

Si
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

You can see them in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqz5ZcoQ7Z8
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Established Member

Here is a photo of my '13 F4; is it NOT, like the one in the video? -Davis
P.S. sorry 'bout the poor quality of the photo (I miss my HTC One) w/ my Moto X. .
Attached Images

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Yes, exactly like the video, but not like mine. (Now let's see if I can manage to attach a photo..)

It'd be easier to see if my bike weren't grey..
Attached Images

Last edited by Donsy; 06-08-2014 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Rotated picture
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 02:00 PM

New Site Garage
Yeah, looks like you are missing part there. I am surprised how stable my mirrors are.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode