F4 vs the Ducati allure - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

F4 vs the Ducati allure

Hi guys, just wanted to share some stuff that has been on my mind and get yours thoughts. Here is the story for those that doesn't bother for the long read.

Back in early 2011, at the age of 27, a dream came true when I got my first "big" superbike, a white 2010 Ducati 848 with only 100kms on the clock. Couldn't had been more happy with the bike except for the fact that I was looking for a 1198 the last few months I had it. It was gorgeous, fast, sounded great, never had any problem and I did all the maintenance by my own, got me smiling every time I got my leg over it and made me go to some lean angles that surprises me even now a days when I look at some track days pics.

After almost 2 years and 23.000kms, a sad episode involving three other guys and some guns at my face (at speed) took the bike from me. So there I was looking for a new bike. At that time there were no brand new ducatis on the market (1199 was not available here, Ducati stayed out of Brazilian marked for a short period, but that's a different story), the ask prices for second hand 1198s where high and insurance costs doubled on me after the episode. Even never having been a big MV fan, neither of the single headlight design, it was not that hard for then to take my money on a brand new 2012 F4 (which is the 2010 model for you guys), without test rides or anything.

And what a pleasant surprise it was. Smooth and yet even more powerful engine, at all rev range! Handles better, brake power is better, more comfortable, easier to ride (actually became lazy changing gears on roads), made better lap times first time on track, also sounds and looks amazingly and made even more months open at gas stations. What a incredible machine. Superb.

But now I am, after almost one year and a half and a bit more than 12.000kms, I got myself fantasizing sometimes in the last month about another Duc. For a second bike I would have one on a blink of an eye.

Should I feel bad about myself? Or this feeling would go away the first time I jump my leg over a Duc again?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 12:39 AM

New Site Garage
yeah, if you are into these two of the finest brands out there, you won't be able to make up your mind, so may as well achieve one of each, or two of each, if you can. That way you will always be riding what you like . Still working towards the next one. Keep the dreaming alive! JMO

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

And you'll also need a V2 or V4 Aprilia. No need to choose or feel guilty about loving both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:19 AM

I agree with the above. Get two of each. Life is boring without important goals.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

Yeah, and I even have some (cover your ears) JapCrap and Milwaukee products.

In order of importance:

Two Wheels
Italian
MV Agusta

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 11:46 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VELTRO 1 View Post
Yeah, and I even have some (cover your ears) JapCrap and Milwaukee products.

In order of importance:

Two Wheels
Italian
MV Agusta
Of course!!! Over time when the value increases you can trade in for number 2 and 3 on your list

Actually; my list is the same but can be downsized to no 3

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
Of course!!! Over time when the value increases you can trade in for number 2 and 3 on your list

Actually; my list is the same but can be downsized to no 3
Indeed.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 AM

Right now I'm settling for 1 of each....but yeah two of each would be nice!

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Nonthing wrong with having more than one. I have a 2012 f4, 2009 zx6-r for track days and this year I will be adding a BMW hp4 or a 2008 Ducati 1098r or if I have to settle the s.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 04:28 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanl View Post
three other guys and some guns at my face (at speed) took the bike from me.
Glad you survived it. Bikes are replaceable.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode