NEW 2011 F4 purchase - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
NEW 2011 F4 purchase

I am looking at picking up a NEW 2011 F4 this weekend... I THINK I am getting a pretty good deal but have a couple questions for all of you.

1 What would you all say a fair price for this machine would be? (full warranty new from dealer)
2 Are there any "quirks" with this bike (recalls etc) that I should know about?
3 are there any mods I should be considering right out of the box and what is the benefit of said mod?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 AM

The dealer will have ensured that any necessary recalls are done prior to sale.

You don't say where you are. In the UK 12k is about the right asking price for an unsold pre-MY13, but it's likely to depend on whether it's shop stock or importer stock.

They're great bikes and pretty sorted straight out the crate. I ran mine stock for a year and have only just fitted new exhaust slip ons. There's a little more buzz on the bars than the older models, which I found a little tiring, so I fitted Oberon heavy bar end weights. That's helped a fair bit.

Si
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmiller View Post
I am looking at picking up a NEW 2011 F4 this weekend... I THINK I am getting a pretty good deal but have a couple questions for all of you.

1 What would you all say a fair price for this machine would be? (full warranty new from dealer)
2 Are there any "quirks" with this bike (recalls etc) that I should know about?
3 are there any mods I should be considering right out of the box and what is the benefit of said mod?

Thanks in advance

I picked up my brand new 2012 F4R last month for $13,300 USD.

As far as mods - I'd ride it for awhile before you do anything. You may find it doesn't need anything!

2012 F4R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks for the insight and information. I have done some reading in the forums and looks like this is going to be the right bike for me. Was actually considering an RC51 (used obviously as the only new one I know about is at billscycle.ca and I don't see them selling that one) prior to researching this bike and although I LOVE the twin I think I will be very happy with this machine.

Can someone be so kind as to point out the major differences between the 11 and current model year on this bike as far as features go? The only thing I have noticed is the wheels, weight, and paint. Are there any other major differences I should be aware of?

Thanks again.

Last edited by kdmiller; 04-11-2014 at 09:22 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 01:56 PM

In '13 all the F4 range got the more powerful Corsacorta motor 198 bhp as opposed to 186. (RR has 201 bhp)
But the '10-'12 motor make more torque.

The '13 onwards also has ride by wire throttle, no cable. I think the jury's still out on whether peopl like the feel of it. It also got a quick shifter with auto-blipper, though it seems that's always been problematic. Also got the new running lights and I think gyro inputs into the traction control.

Si
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWhisperer View Post
In '13 all the F4 range got the more powerful Corsacorta motor 198 bhp as opposed to 186. (RR has 201 bhp)
But the '10-'12 motor make more torque.

The '13 onwards also has ride by wire throttle, no cable. I think the jury's still out on whether peopl like the feel of it. It also got a quick shifter with auto-blipper, though it seems that's always been problematic. Also got the new running lights and I think gyro inputs into the traction control.

Si
I'm fairly sure the new motor started with 2012. 195 F4R and 201 F4RR.

2012 F4R
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:03 PM

Yes, you're right, but the standard F4 didn't get it until '13.

Si
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 09:09 PM

New Site Garage
No mention of auto blipper in the 14 model. They seemed to have erased this off the web as well and no mention of the latest Eldor flash. Furthermore its been 3 weeks since I ordered a replacement spark plug wrench and document folder (missing bits for my bike), still have not arrived at the dealer. What's up with that? I'm beginning to think that this bike may not be easily serviced when the time comes and especially if it needs parts. use your bikes sparingly boys and girls. Now I know why there is not much talk on this forum of daily use or commuting with the F4. My Duc is racking miles like no end. +1 for Ducati. But boy the F4 is a Beaut!

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 AM

If the dealer is useless then don't use them. You can get OEM parts quickly from any of the online vendors (Startwin, Evolutionbike).

It took ducati a while to build the infrastructure to have dealers get parts quickly.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 11:44 AM

New Site Garage
You in the UK ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode