F4 MY2010 Recalls - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

F4 MY2010 Recalls

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has a list of the MY2010 recalls, I have read on several posts/threads about a few and I only know formally of one. I bought the bike new 2011 and during the first year had the rear frame bracket fitted which is the only recall work performed. Since then the dealer in Singapore has changed and the new dealer is a bit difficult.

I have experienced problems with false neutral between 4-5-6 when the bike got very hot on a trackday, jumping in and out of gear and have heard about gear shift spring being a recall, I am told the old spring was round and the replacement more rectangular. I also have vibration in 4th gear and wonder if it was caused by the above or if that is another issue. Another owner has his box changed for a similar vibration in 4th.

Minor irritations are the heat shields around the exhaust and the connections on the exhaust valve, corrosion and heat has them cracked, fallen off or about to. The heat blankets on the fairings are nearly gone, I have read how that can be replaced but there have been some threads about replacement heat shields not sure what/which they refer to, around exhaust or on fairings.

Another query is on reducing the running temp by removal of the cat in the exhaust and if any change is required on the ECU?

Any help on the above is appreciated.

PS. Sad day, heart goes out to all for Massimo Tamburini.

BR
Scobie

Ducati 748R - 2001
MV F4R - 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Fairing heat shield was an issue that dealers fixed under warranty instruction from the factory, but it wasn't a recall. They tend to be safety issues only.

Si
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Shift return spring affected #000001...#002044
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Established Member

Sorry for the hi-jack of this thread. I am from Singapore also and I going to to view a MY2010 MV F4 tomorrow (sadly no test ride). So far the previous owner had not installed the subframe bracket but I am going to ask for the service log to check whether he got replace the whole subframe, if not, any major safety risk here? I am intending to go monoposto. Mileage is <10,000km.

The dealer only let me on the engine and sit on it. Any signs that I can pick up from that? Guess the vibration issue at 4th I cannot verify.

Just got my Arai helmet and riding jacket today, hopefully all is good and I can quickly hop on the MV journey~
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieChowie View Post
Sorry for the hi-jack of this thread. I am from Singapore also and I going to to view a MY2010 MV F4 tomorrow (sadly no test ride). So far the previous owner had not installed the subframe bracket but I am going to ask for the service log to check whether he got replace the whole subframe, if not, any major safety risk here? I am intending to go monoposto. Mileage is <10,000km.

The dealer only let me on the engine and sit on it. Any signs that I can pick up from that? Guess the vibration issue at 4th I cannot verify.

Just got my Arai helmet and riding jacket today, hopefully all is good and I can quickly hop on the MV journey~
Stevie, The subframe bracket is only needed if you intend to put load on the back such as pillion or luggage. It sits over the battery and makes removal a bit tricky. Not a must have if you are mono only.

I have managed to get the new spring for gear shift, not installed yet so no comment.

The air box is another item to look at, there are a few posts on it.

I have a few issues with heatshield inside fairings and also around exhaust but still looking around for solution.

Did you buy as there are a couple of F4s at good price on the market, I bought new and got stung.

Ducati 748R - 2001
MV F4R - 2010
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Established Member

Got my deposit ready but working these few days so gonna wait a while more. Yeah it came with the bracket. Got some heat shield peeling from the exhaust and inner side fairing too
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 07:56 AM

The subframe recall and bracket fix was implemented after a US road-tester had a frame crack on him (or so I read.) If that's the case then I don't know whether it's right to say it'd only happen two-up.

I don't know what the potential insurance complications might be if you were made aware of the recall and didn't have it done, or if you had it removed and then it failed.

I hated the bracket though (such a cludge) and thought it looked especially ugly after I removed the rear pegs. (In fact you then have to install replacement bolts into the peg sockets as the bracket is secured there and the standard ones wont fit without the pegs.) I paid for an upgraded part which the importer got for me at cost price, but I had to pay dealer labour to fit it.

Si
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Established Member

I read somewhere that you can fit the 2012 rear subframe onto the MY2010. Startwin has on for sale. Just to check, does the 2013/4 rear frame be fitted?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 03:53 PM

Pretty sure they've not changed it since the slight redesign in '10 to reinforce the mount ing points.

Si
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Since buying the bike (new) I was not informed by the dealer nor the agent at the time or the new agent about any recalls, hence the post.

It was only after discussion with the mechanic who was servicing the bike that the part was bought and fitted for the frame. I have seen other F4s in Singapore that do not have the bracket. With the amount of money (local duty and tax) I thought at least some after sales service would be forthcoming. The MV agent changed without any notice and the new one is purely sales no workshop. The gearshift spring I managed to get from the same mechanic, who happens to have some, but no longer works at the previous agent as they no longer sell bikes. With insurance claims, lack of information on recalls and/or just dealer providing free replacement, my post was an attempt to gather more info.

Ducati 748R - 2001
MV F4R - 2010

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode