Brand New F4 Odometer Question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brand New F4 Odometer Question

Well I finally got my first MV! 2012 F4R It was delivered today. Super geeked for the snow to melt. My question for you guys who bought brand new F4s - did your odometer indicate 0 miles or 0 kilometers? I bought my bike sight unseen from out of state and the owner of the dealership assured me both on the phone and in email that the bike has never been started yet the odometer shows 6 miles and there's gas in the gas tank. Some may think this is not a big deal at all but this is the first vehicle (car or otherwise) that I've bought brand new. I believe I was lied to and was looking forward to taking pics of the odometer indicating 0 miles, putting gas in it for the first time, breaking it in exactly the way I want from zero and just knowing it's never been fired aside from at the factory. Is it possible these 6 miles are the dyno run at the factory and the gas the same? Gas from probably 3-4 years ago?!?

Thanks all!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
The bike would not have been shipped with fuel in the tank. The mileage is from the factory run and dealer set up. No big deal. You will never get a brand new vehicle with zero miles on the odometer even if you pick it up at the factory.

Ed will chime in soon and correct me if I am wrong, but I have never bought a zero mileage vehicle...and I've bought many new vehicles.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The certificate of origin document from the dealership indicates 1 mile. The Odometer disclosure statement also indicates 1 mile. Don't know what to think here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 04:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Ask the dealer. Someone rode it 5 more miles.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 04:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Paors
I had 17 km on the odo when I took the new bike out of the crate shipped straight from the factory. I have also been to most of the european motorcycle factories and all of them test the bikes before the release - this is normal

'13 F4 RR
'11 BMW R1200RT
'12 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 - sold
'08 BMW R1200GS Adv - sold
'10 HD XR1200 - sold
'10 Blata Ultima
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 10:24 PM

I would still question the "zero" stated when it shows "6"......why not say "6".....da truth
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 01:13 PM

Unless you take delivery of the crate and release the dealer of their duty in assembling and PDI-ing the bike, they are obligated to ensure the vehicle is safe. That includes test riding it to make sure everything's sound and nothing falls off. The dealer has both your and their best interests covered in doing this. Don't sweat it. You got some free gas.

Si
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM

Damn nice looking bike! As already stated there's almost no such thing as a zero miles new vehicle. The motor had already been run to redline before it left the factory and the dealer has to give it the "once over".
I understand your wanting it all to yourself and you've gotten about as close to that as any of us ever will.

You've got an awesome F***ing bike! Enjoy!

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Angry Please Help!

So this story now gets worse with my interaction with this dealership. When we agreed on the terms of this deal both on the phone and via email (I also have an agreement) the owner of the dealership agreed to provide front and rear Pit Bull stands in the deal. They are now saying they will not provide me with the front stand. I did receive the rear in the box with the bike. I also confronted them on a couple items that are damaged as a result of the packaging - I'm not sure how new bikes from the factory are packaged but mine came with both mirror and windscreen on. Both mirrors have damage from hitting the inside of the shipping container and they're telling me they won't do anything about this because the outside of the container didn't have damage. The bike also has a scratch on the trellis frame directly under the steering dampener which I don't believe is from shipping rather I believe it was there before it shipped and was not disclosed to me. The bike also did not come with a tool kit and he's telling me the new MVs don't come with one yet my manual indicates I should have received one.

Their own paperwork indicates the bike had 1 mile but it actually had 6. According to the owner of the dealership the bike was void of scratches or any damage yet it has damage both from the shipping and prior to shipping - in my opinion. They're not going to provide me the front stand they said they would. They're not upholding their end of the bargain at all at this point.

Any advice here would be very helpful. Should I look at small claims court? Contact MV directly? I know MV cannot help me with the Pit Bull stands but shouldn't they know how their dealerships are treating customers? Does MV have an email address? Or what's the best way to contact them for something like this?

Thanks!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 02:32 PM

Small Claims ASAP......you got it in writing....no brain-er.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode