2010 F4..shift light flashing red... warning? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

2010 F4..shift light flashing red while riding... warning?

Just got my 2010 F4 back with a brand new motor, runs fine but the middle shift light blinks red, while riding.. is this some kind of warning or is the shift light shorting out or something... any one know whats going on?

Last edited by hennessy; 03-08-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 01:30 PM

If it's doing that when you turn it off, isn't that just telling you the immobiliser is arming itself?

Si
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

its doing it while riding... but it does seem to be the same light as the immobiliser

the MV book says nothing about the shift lights doubling as any kind of warning light, so i figure i've some kind of short

after reading my original post i can see how that may have looked strange haha... the light coming on while riding, even at around 4000rpm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

after riding the bike again today, its a warning.... an error code, i cant see which one tho as it only flashes up on the screen every now and again for a split second.... i'm guessing after the engine swap its got a lose wire somewhere as its only flashing up, it doesnt stay there...

does anyone know where i can get a list of error codes etc ?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Established Member

Glad to hear this all finally worked out for you now if you can get this issue corrected. Does anyone know if this issue is specific to a certain model year? Scary stuff really. How fast were you going when it let go?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Well i found out that the light is infact a fualt code... trouble is we cant work out which. when the code comes up it should stay on the screen, and when u turn the bike off it will tell u what the code is, ie injector failure etc... trouble is on mine the code is only flashing up, doesnt stay there which is making it hard to find the problem... probably just a lose conection somewhere tho as the bike was just put back together
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seismic View Post
Glad to hear this all finally worked out for you now if you can get this issue corrected. Does anyone know if this issue is specific to a certain model year? Scary stuff really. How fast were you going when it let go?

yes i'm glad it worked out, big thank u to MV Agusta for sorting everything out

no mention of this being an issue with the bikes in general... unfortunately failures can happen... i am just thankfull to have my bike back.... Well done MV
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 09:39 AM

New Site Garage
Good to see you're back up and riding again mate, hope you get this little issue sorted too.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Shouldn't the ECU store past DTCs (detected trouble codes). The diagnostic software should be able to see what codes have been registered, even if they are not current.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

yeah thats what i'm hoping, tho it means taking it to the local dealer who has been a real issue.... no choise tho i guess, hopfully he can help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode