2012 F4R Warranty - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

2012 F4R Warranty

I know I can ask the dealer but wanted to know if anyone here has purchased the extended warranty and how much it should cost. The bike is brand new and has the factory 2 year warranty and I did recently see someone mention something about a 7 year warranty?!? Does the price and term vary or is it set from MV? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:28 PM

New Site Garage
2yrs is the factory standard warranty from MV, I'd imagine any extended warranty service would be at the discretion of the dealer and most likely cover the period following the 2yr manufacturer warranty (minus those 2yrs off the extended period). Personally, I wasn't offered one that I can recall, which makes me believe my Harley oriented dealer didn't have much long-term faith, or experience, in the product.

IMHO, extended warranties are both too long and too short. Things break early and are covered by the manufacturer or just after the time frames of the extended warranty. Dealers wouldn't offer them if they didn't make them money.

Watch for stipulation against any modifications or upgrades you plan on doing to your bike. If they can avoid covering something under warranty or blaming it on you, they will (seen it done too many times). Heck, Mitsubishi were cancelling Lancer Evo warranties if there was any notion you were racing it in any manner.

Anyone wanting to stand up for the altruism of Dealers, and/or the customer only benefit of extended warranties, feel free to strike me down

On the other hand, I've seen them work out tremendously well for a very few and some of them had to fight pretty hard for that to happen.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 07:27 PM

My 2005 F4 had an extended 4 year warranty (6years total) and during the last few months of the extended warranty period my engine started burning oil out of the exhaust and needed a complete engine rebuilt. Over $3500 if I remember correctly. All was covered by the extended warranty. All but the cost of oil and oil filter, lol.

Highly recommend extended warranties if at all possible to purchase during the purchase of the bike.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks guys. I s/w one of the dealers I work with and he said I can get an additional 4 years for around $1,000. He also said I can take my time making this decision. Said it can be added anytime during my factory warranty period!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 09:10 AM

That's a small price to pay for 4 more years of coverage.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode