HELP!!! 2013 mv f4 serious problem - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

HELP!!! 2013 mv f4 serious problem

Hi all im a new member and purchased my band new 2013 white f4 last week. Since ive been riding it ive done 700 km and the bike has stalled 3 times while riding, with no warning its as if the throttle is cut and the bike goes down in rpm and stalls, there are no warning lights and all the electronics remain on the bike then will not start until the key ignition is switched off and on.
Every time this has happened ive only been cruising at a constant speed, this could be seriously dangerouse as majority of rides are in hills
Has anyone had this problem or know what it could be?
Thx
Ps. Absolutely loving the bike it is my dream bike but not worth risking my life every time i take it out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 AM

Yeah it has happened to me. The stand down warning light comes on and the bike does what you said. 3 times in 700km same as you. I have not tried to fault find yet but I'm guessing it's the stand switch as it illuminates on the dash.
To me it's not a huge problem just turn it on and off while you are coasting but you are right it could be dangerous. It is more of a worry to me when I go to race it that it will do it and I'll lose lap time haha.

Last edited by f-four; 01-10-2014 at 02:53 AM.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Just went out and it did it again, i cant believe i didnt notice the stand light haha thanks for that they should fix it under warranty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Anyone else have this problem? Think mv should consider a recall if its happening frequently
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Update

Mechanics done all updates checked the wiring could not fault the bike but its still doing it so its back for the second time this week and they gave me a crappy demo learners bike to ride..... Not happy verry displeased with the quality of mv atm
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Banned

MV Agusta doesn't make the switches... Suicide stand. You could always disable the damn thing, like in olden days, and not forget to put the stand up. Stupid switch is there to protect people who don't have checklists.

You could make a software patch to disable the side stand switch if the speed is such and such a value. If speed is greater then X then ignore SS Switch. That'd be an easy one.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

sounds like it could be the inner side stand spring broke or is missing and the stand drops slightly activating the switch

simple fix if thats it

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Don't blame MV if side stand switch is causing a problem.....same thing happens on every brand bike. Started when that safety device became common place in the late 70's. Many a technician has chased his tail trying to fix the intermittent side stand switch.
Check the springs and mounts, replace the switch....or simply disable it (a jumper wire is all it takes).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinandrew01 View Post
Hi all im a new member and purchased my band new 2013 white f4 last week. Since ive been riding it ive done 700 km and the bike has stalled 3 times while riding, with no warning its as if the throttle is cut and the bike goes down in rpm and stalls, there are no warning lights and all the electronics remain on the bike then will not start until the key ignition is switched off and on.
Every time this has happened ive only been cruising at a constant speed, this could be seriously dangerouse as majority of rides are in hills
Has anyone had this problem or know what it could be?
Thx
Ps. Absolutely loving the bike it is my dream bike but not worth risking my life every time i take it out...
I also have a f4 2013 and a few months ago I spend something like, I was rolling on the bike when suddenly the bike was shut down completely dead and after all this research was a cable suitch ignition off (where it enters the key on) you can check this also as this is a failure of mv agusta, f4 have another friend I step 2013 and the same
I hope you can solve your problem.
excuse my friend does not speak English

Greetings from Colombia

Juan
yo tambien tengo una f4 2013 y hace unos meses me paso algo parecido ,estaba rodando en la moto ,cuando de repente la moto se apago totalmente muerta y despues de de tanto investigar era un cable de suitch de encendido despegado (donde entra la llave de encendido ) usted puede verificar esto tambien ya que esto es una falla de mv agusta , tengo otro amigo de f4 2013 y le paso lo mismo
espero pueda resolver su problema .
disculpe mi ingles amigo no lo hablo

saludos desde colombia

juan
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 09:35 PM

I just had my F4 updated to latest map (20/12/13) and 4 times in 100km on way home it cut ignition and bike won't bump start or start with button until ignition is turned off and on again.
These times with the latest map the side stand switch does not illuminate so it must be the ecu causing the problems because it is worse now. To me map fueling feels worse too.
And still quickshifter sometimes works and sometimes does not.
Guess just wait again for next map :/

Last edited by f-four; 01-20-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode