major 2010 F4 Failure, need help from MV - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

major 2010 F4 Failure, need help from MV

my 2010 f4 had a mojor failure on the weekend... i'm in australia (WA) and am now having major issues with the dealer not wanting to fix it under warranty.... spoke to MV Australia and it is definatly covered under warranty, but the dealer wants me to send the bike 4000km's across the country to where i bought the bike to have it fixed.... and thats just crazy

i have tryed and tryed with the dealer, but he wont do it... so i've now got little choise but to go up the chain untill some one will help

i know MV Agusta will want to fix the problem as they have done so for other forum members before....

does anyone know how i can get in touch with the right people in MV to get my problem in Australia sorted, as i'm pritty sure MV will not be happy with the lack of service from one of there own dealers

any help would be great.... i want to do this the right way

Thank U MV Australia, They have now resolved the issue, and all parts damaged will be fixed... Cant thank MV enough for how quickly they have worked to fix this.... very impressive service

Last edited by hennessy; 11-12-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I believe, if it is anything like the USA, their dealer agreement (franchise) requires them to do warranty repairs on a vehicle under factory warranty, regardless of where it was purchased.

Contact a lawyer and have them send a "nice" letter to the dealer and MV in OZ explaining your intent to have it repaired.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry to hear about your troubles and i do hope you manage to get it sorted, thats a poor show from your dealer. Out of curiosity what was your major fault with your MV?

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 AM

I'm not sure I'd want anyone to work on my bike that was that adverse to doing it.

Pants up, don't loot.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
I'm not sure I'd want anyone to work on my bike that was that adverse to doing it.
Concur. Id probably still ship it just to make sure its done right but I would go ahead and let MV know and notify your local govt and maybe press. At least here in the US there could be legal ramifications for that at the state level.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 07:58 AM

PM sent
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks guys for the imput, and the PM's... I'm not sure what this dealer is trying to do, and i agree i dont really want him working on the bike after this...

i will keep this thread updated with what is going on, i do really hope MV sort this out quickly

The major failure was the engine, at just 8000km's after buying it new at the start of the year.... and by major i mean piston and conrods on the road, i was exstremely lucky to have walked away from this.
I would really like to see MV step up to the plate with this, as from what i can see, a bolt has clearly come loose on the conrod which has then caused both to snap... i can tell it was loose because one bolt is snaped but still tight the other is hanging on by a few threads.... i was somehow able to stay on the bike even with the rear doing what ever it liked as it was covered in oil, which then exploded into flames

i was exstremely lucky, but as this was an engine failure insurance wont cover the bike, which insurance wise would clearly be a write off

very very sad day, the only positive is that i walked away.... now i am praying that MV fix this
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 AM

New Site Garage
That stinks and the dealer should have their MV dealership removed from them, I'm surprised MV Australia have not put pressure on them to make the repair?
When I bought my Brutale I shopped around a little but the deal was no better elsewhere and I would prefer to go local if possible even if it is slightly more expensive, but my dealer told me he would have no issue servicing or performing warranty work on a bike that he hadn't sold, he admitted he would giver preference to his customers, which is fair enough, but certainly wouldn't turn me away.

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 10:56 AM

New Site Garage
That is terrible and i have read a few reports of this on the forum, it makes me think the torque wrench needs calibrating??!!, good luck with getting it sorted and pleased your ok.
May sound a bit gruesome but have you got any pictures? Did you get any warning before it happened (extra noisey or rattling?)
Any MV dealer should take this on regardless as MV will be stumping up for the bill, its good business sense if they are more local, servicing and maintenance is always a possiblity in the future....silly buggers i can see they will be never getting your business again.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).

Last edited by EVO Chris; 11-12-2013 at 03:12 AM.
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 AM

Your in a no win situation here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode