NEED HELP!!! F4 MY10 cant pas more than 8000 rpm limit - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: jakarta indonesia
Posts: 75
NEED HELP!!! F4 MY10 cant pas more than 8000 rpm limit

sorry just buy a second mv agusta f4 2010
its already 8100km odo
but i cant rev more than 8000 rpm why??
its the f4 have a limiter that should remove? thx
andikaei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Are you located in Japan, or did you get the bike from that area ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: jakarta indonesia
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Are you located in Japan, or did you get the bike from that area ?
im from indonesia
how to check that bike comes from japan?
i know that japanese bike are restricted to 180km/h only

but i didnt know that mv agusta just got a limiter too in japan or anywhere
andikaei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Old Wing Nut
 
esq'z me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 18,393
Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
First, welcome to the family.....

Second, will it free rev to full RPM (under no load, in neutral)? Possibly blocked fuel filter if that is the case. Just a thought.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
esq'z me is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: jakarta indonesia
Posts: 75
so how to open the blocked fuel filter? any tuts?
no in neutral or under no load. it cant rev to full rpm
poor me
andikaei is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Yes, pardon my manners - Welcome to the forum man.
Ed is right, there's a few things to look at, blocked fuel filter or blocked fuel cap breather is a good start.
If it's still limited when in neutral, it sounds electrical to me, but then again, fuelling could also do this.

Did you buy your bike private or from a dealer ? Might be best to take it back if you got it from a dealer.
If you are good on the tools, there's a few things you need to look at. If this is the case, download the workshop manuals from my site, and we'll try and help you from there.

While you try and figure things out, disconnect your battery for a few minutes, reconnect and see if this does anything.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: jakarta indonesia
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Yes, pardon my manners - Welcome to the forum man.
Ed is right, there's a few things to look at, blocked fuel filter or blocked fuel cap breather is a good start.
If it's still limited when in neutral, it sounds electrical to me, but then again, fuelling could also do this.

Did you buy your bike private or from a dealer ? Might be best to take it back if you got it from a dealer.
If you are good on the tools, there's a few things you need to look at. If this is the case, download the workshop manuals from my site, and we'll try and help you from there.

While you try and figure things out, disconnect your battery for a few minutes, reconnect and see if this does anything.

thx for you buddy nice to meet you

i already download the manual book

im in indonesia there is no mv agusta dealer in here
im buying private from someone

ok i will start to disconnect my battery (its some kind like restarting the ecu right??)

can you help me if its cause of blocked fuel filter or blocked fuel cap breather
from where do i have to start thx many many thx
andikaei is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Old Wing Nut
 
esq'z me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 18,393
Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
No full rpm in neutral is most likely electrical (rev limit) and not fuel delivery. Hope the ECU reset works. Can't imagine the restricted HP ECU for Japan market would limit revs to that extent, but I am not familiar with the bikes made for that market.
Good luck.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
esq'z me is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 12:14 PM
King of Carbon
 
DesignCorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London
Posts: 1,586
Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Lightbulb Mv Agusta Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by andikaei View Post
thx for you buddy nice to meet you

i already download the manual book

im in indonesia there is no mv agusta dealer in here
im buying private from someone

ok i will start to disconnect my battery (its some kind like restarting the ecu right??)

can you help me if its cause of blocked fuel filter or blocked fuel cap breather
from where do i have to start thx many many thx
Welcome to the Forum

You do have now a Indonesian Mv Agusta Distributor & Dealer, details below:

INDONESIA SOLE DISTRIBUTOR


PT MOTO ARTE INDONESIA moto8
Rukan Permata Senayan Blok D9
Jl. Tentara Pelajar No. 1, Kebayoran Lama
Jakarta Selatan 12210, Indonesia

DEALER
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda 168, Kebayoran Lama
Jakarta Selatan 12240, Indonesia
Tel. +62 21 726 5889
Fax. +62 21 723 6889

Regards

Al


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DesignCorse is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: jakarta indonesia
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
No full rpm in neutral is most likely electrical (rev limit) and not fuel delivery. Hope the ECU reset works. Can't imagine the restricted HP ECU for Japan market would limit revs to that extent, but I am not familiar with the bikes made for that market.
Good luck.
i already remove my battery and try to connect it again and nothing different
a lot my friend tell me maybe my bike its from japan
its true? that japanese mv agusta have limiter?
andikaei is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome