2013 F4RR injector fault - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Paors
2013 F4RR injector fault

Had a first "electronic" surprise this morning.

The engine suddenly died while I was riding, then it didn't start again, showing a sequence of "injector 1-2-3-4 low/up fault" on the dash.
After half an hour of looking for loose connectors or frayed wires, I finally found the fuse box.
Turned out the fuse #2 was blown. Replaced the fuse with the same, 10A, turned the ignition on - blown again. Replaced it with 15 Amp fuse - works ok.

Any thoughts? Should I leave it like that or take off the fuel tank to look for.. for what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 PM

If you have to have a bigger fuse to keep from blowing, you're probably looking for trouble.

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Sounds like its time to take it in for warranty. It's 2 years on it. You shouldn't be blowing fuses this early in the bike

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Paors
Generally, yes, I guess it would be a bad idea to just use a bigger fuse. But the manual lists 15A for this fuse - and my bike had 10A. I'm fairly sure the problem is the fuel pump, since this fuse is for injectors and the fuel pump, and I have run my bike to dry tank just recently.
The problem is, the workshop manual doesn't list any specs for checking the fuel pump - either it works or it doesn't. If it had short-circuited, it would blow a 15A fuse same as 10A - but it works ok.
So even if I make a warranty claim out of it - what do I show to the MV?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

I would put the stock fuse that suppose to be in the bike (assuming 10amp). Then test if it blows then that's what you take to the dealer to warranty. The bike should operate based on the specs that was delivered with the bike. We're not talking about a aftermarket exhaust that would not be under warranty but fuses that is causing a fuel pump issue is. Just my 2 cents man. We pay a lot for these bikes so at least give a snob since it is still under warranty.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paors View Post
Had a first "electronic" surprise this morning.

The engine suddenly died while I was riding, then it didn't start again, showing a sequence of "injector 1-2-3-4 low/up fault" on the dash.
After half an hour of looking for loose connectors or frayed wires, I finally found the fuse box.
Turned out the fuse #2 was blown. Replaced the fuse with the same, 10A, turned the ignition on - blown again. Replaced it with 15 Amp fuse - works ok.

Any thoughts? Should I leave it like that or take off the fuel tank to look for.. for what?
Just a thought, try re-installing a 10 amp fuse again to see if it now works ok. Why? sometime when you have a 10 amp problem a 15 amp fuse can some time clear the (damp,- burn the fault/tracking clear,) Its worth a try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode