2013 Throttle Error Already... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

2013 Throttle Error Already...

2100 kms on the bike and unfortunately I'm running into some problems already. I'm hoping you fine folks can provide a little advice on what I should do.

The problem: I was out for a ride last weekend, had it wide open and about halfway through 2nd the throttle cut off and an error message popped up. Pulled over and turned it off and restarted it. Error message toggles between 3 messages that read "throttle position, gas position, sensor supply". The throttle is cut off from me operating it and is all over the place at idle. Had to load it up on a truck and bring it home...

I called the dealer right away and I guess there is a software update that may fix it. My problem... I live 700kms from my dealer. I knew I was taking a risk being so far away and buying it but oh well, live and learn.

My questions to you guys. Anyone have something similar happen to them? I would very much prefer to try and fix this at home without having to figure out a means of transporting my bike so far away. Also, is there anyway to update the ecu with the factory update at home? Or at least a cheaper means of updating as opposed to shipping the bike 2 ways 700kms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Oh and a small update on the Quickshifter not working. Not sure if anyone else has been told this but apparently there is some bolt in the Quickshifter that is grounding the circuit out. This is not allowing the bike to communicate with the Quickshifter thus it not working. My dealer has ordered me this new bolt so we shall see if this remedies the problem.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Don't we just love electronics Hope you get sorted quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM

I suspect you won't be able to fix it at home, for the reason that replacing or fixing a sensor doesn't clear the error. I believe it takes dealer equipment to clear an error in the ECU. Hopefully someone will tell me I'm wrong though!

Si
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that's what I figured Cat, thanks though... I was just wondering if there was any way to get my hands on the dealer equipment or something similar to it that can clear errors/update with factory reflashes.

I haven't taken anything apart yet to take a look because, well, I have no idea what to look for. I also kind of doubt that it is anything "physical" as opposed to a software problem. Was just checking to see if anyone had a similar problem and could give me some ideas of what to look for if I do pull it apart. Apparently the dealer had a similar problem with the F3 throttles and a software update fixed them so I'm guessing the current update will fix it.

Unfortunately right now, it looks like I'm taking the bike there in the back of the truck or shipping it. The only other option I can think of is pulling the ECU and shipping it to them to get the update. Anyone have any other input before I make a decision???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode