my f4-2013 is dead - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

my f4-2013 is dead

Friends need help, this afternoon I went out to take a walk in my f4 2013 when suddenly the bike was shut down completely ...... not turn: no dashboard, no boot, no beep, only turns the bulbs streetlight small front and rear light, for rest the bike is fully dead battery 12.72 volts brand I've looked most apparently fuses and all are fine, no where more search
If any of you can give me some idea. Thank you very much

regards

JUAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Sorry to hear that... I hope that you get it working soon and that it's a simple fix. There were some other board members that had a similar problems.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Juan, had the exact same problem on my 2012. First thing to do is to the test the battery especially if it is still factory. I went down to the local auto parts and just picked up a standard motorcycle battery (12)v and it didn't fit exactly but that's fine I needed to test he positive and negative terminals. After connecting the temp battery the bike lite up and fires right up. So I say to myself the stock battery is less than a year old what happen. Well it all depends it could have come from sitting a few weeks and I also brought the charging system that goes with the built in f4 1000. Maybe it overcharged the battery even though its the built in unit. All that to say is it could be as simple as the battery. Don't take for granted that the battery can go dead even thou the bike is new. I went ahead and brought a lfx 14 shorai battery and there charger since its lithium. Super light, and fires right up with no problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 AM

I have had the same situation as DAGMVAGUSTA on other bikes. But only when the previous owner had tried to get away with buying a cheaper battery that had same/correct amount of Voltage but lower cranking AMPS.. If your using a battery with the correct/stock cranking Amps , I would look somewhere else so not to waste money on a new battery.

Juan I am having the same problem with my Ridley . It has a Simple yet Odd electrical system. I already changed out the electric ignition system components and batterey is at full charge. Lights work but Nothing else ? misery loves company lol.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
If your battery is a Koyo...ditch it and get a Yuasa or similar.
Use the search function for Koyo here and you'll find information that will help.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Old 07-28-2013, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmvagusta View Post
Juan, had the exact same problem on my 2012. First thing to do is to the test the battery especially if it is still factory. I went down to the local auto parts and just picked up a standard motorcycle battery (12)v and it didn't fit exactly but that's fine I needed to test he positive and negative terminals. After connecting the temp battery the bike lite up and fires right up. So I say to myself the stock battery is less than a year old what happen. Well it all depends it could have come from sitting a few weeks and I also brought the charging system that goes with the built in f4 1000. Maybe it overcharged the battery even though its the built in unit. All that to say is it could be as simple as the battery. Don't take for granted that the battery can go dead even thou the bike is new. I went ahead and brought a lfx 14 shorai battery and there charger since its lithium. Super light, and fires right up with no problems.

I've tried another battery and nothing is completely dead (no dash, no whistle, no front light, is dead) only turns the backlight. I've been testing the fuse box with some wires causing power bridge to board and get error lights on the dash (fault-bat voltage 0) and (fault-can line) also get a code at times (1-42 ) think it is the air sensor, but check and is well connected. I checked all fuses. drummer etc ..... I think it is a bad news regarding the ECU .. you may have errror????
no more where to look???

Juan
Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan felipe rodriguez View Post
Friends need help, this afternoon I went out to take a walk in my f4 2013 when suddenly the bike was shut down completely ...... not turn: no dashboard, no boot, no beep, only turns the bulbs streetlight small front and rear light, for rest the bike is fully dead battery 12.72 volts brand I've looked most apparently fuses and all are fine, no where more search
If any of you can give me some idea. Thank you very much

regards

JUAN
Hello friends, after a long search trying all day today from one place to another, to change battery without positive result, changing fuses and finally thought that possibly the ECU needed repair ......... .. switche damage was in the ignition switch, had taken off one of the four wires that are welded on the inside, so small tin and problem solved the bike works perfectly
I did not know that another cause when the bike is completely dead is check the ignition switch to see if it's okay

thank you all for the ideas

regards

Juan
Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Glad you are sorted!

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Old 07-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Glad you fixed it, good troubleshooting

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
Old 07-29-2013, 04:55 PM

exc and no waiting for parts!

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in