2013 F4RR owners - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

2013 F4RR owners

My advise: Pose around town on your drop dead gorgeous F4RR... park it for envious looks at your towns "two wheel tuesday's" or "bike night"

Don't tell them your professional race shop's attempt to build it into a track dedicated/race bike failed miserably. Don't tell them nothing works... Keep to yourself that TC wont work with slicks, fueling is horrible midcorner, auto-blip works at low rpm only, throttle is on-off switch. Or Maybe spend 8-10k on two Motec M800 ECU's and start over?

Secretly, buy a (2) S1000RR's or a (2) GSRX-1000RR's or an (2) R1's to race. At the end of the racing season tell your MV sponsor to drop the line...

Last edited by Slydogg2; 06-22-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydogg2 View Post
My advise: Pose around town on your drop dead gorgeous F4RR... park it for envious looks at your towns "two wheel tuesday's" or "bike night"

Don't tell them your professional race shop's attempt to build it into a track dedicated/race bike failed miserably. Don't tell them nothing works... Keep to yourself that TC wont work with slicks, fueling is horrible midcorner, auto-blip works at low rpm only, throttle is on-off switch. Or Maybe spend 8-10k on two Motec M800 ECU's and start over?

Secretly, buy a (2) S1000RR's or a (2) GSRX-1000RR's or an (2) R1's to race. At the end of the racing season tell your MV sponsor to drop the line...
Sounds like you had some troubles. :/

It's funny. I was doing a track day on my 2002 F4 and at the start line one of the riders leaned over to me and asked me "Nice bike is as nice as everyone says". In the interest of time I said "yes its wonderful" but neglected to mention it's weight, age and other issues he might run into. Eh. Let him discover the magic for himself.

Despite the problems there's a few guys here that are rather successful at racing theirs. If you have not lost the interest there's a lot of information that they would probably gladly share with you.

BTW welcome to the site!
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Established Member

RR issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydogg2 View Post

Can you elaborate more lol as I have heard only good reports re the RRs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 04:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok1186 View Post
Can you elaborate more lol as I have heard only good reports re the RRs
Have you seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2toWydSqqCg

They did not care for it much. :/
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
Have you seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2toWydSqqCg

They did not care for it much. :/
Last again....:-(
Light throttle, shit clutch, bad fuelling mid corner. Same thing every time, from every tester, F3, F4 ...R, RR doesn't matter, always the same....one wonders how far up the tree MV would be if they ever get this part of the equation right...

Such a shame and frustrating

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Established Member

I was looking over a new F4rr last weekend at a local bike meet & I have to say it is the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen & I was very envious of its new owner until....
He come over to talk & said the Panigalleee thing he traded in was bad but the fuelling on his new MV was even worse & it was going in to the dealers the following week for a checkover.

It is bloody annoying to hear as the bike is a stunner.

On a similar note my mates 675 has just come back from the dealers after yet another re map & it now cuts power every now & again!! & the gear indicator does not work & the clutch has been replaced & & & &....

The new 800 hitting dealers next month could finish MV off in the UK if it is stuffed with issues as the dealers I have spoke to are getting pis*sed off with customers complaining.
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Established Member

Guess that's why we own the MVs in the first place.. For the history, beauty and character that are unrivaled. I was lucky to own the S1000RR and it was perfect in every sense.. The tech, speed, handling, value for money but it has no soul and I sold it after a year.. I reckon if I'm riding only weekends or once a fortnight I'd rather just ride or own something that would please me most.. And that would be my F4.. If I'm using her as a workhorse, racehorse or daily commute, I'd swap it for the S1000RR or any jap bikes.. Someone in here said once owning the MV is like having a supermodel gf with flatulence.. Ppl look at you enviously without knowing the problems.. I would add that I would rather have a gorgeous gf who's bad in bed rather than one who's average or fugly but clinical.. Just my own thoughts..

'09 F4 1078 (monoposto) + '12 Brutale 920
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 02:25 PM

Slydog I empathize with your frustration.My second passion is Unique high performance builds. I also applaud taking the tougher route and going with something different in the MV F4RR. There is no excuse for MV having a lousey clutch but as far as Fuelling/power response, it has become extremely hard to get smooth throttling and proper fueling when literbikes are making 200hp and even more difficult to manage when building a literbike race engine that pushes hp figures up to 220-225hp. Reguardless of the manufacturer its the formost development hurdle. Be it Yamaha,Suzuki, Honda or Kawasaki . Look at BMW , it took them 3yrs to get a handle on correct fuelling/power delivery.
We had a hell of a time getting fueling/power delivery correct on my own Aprilia RSV4 but eventually we squeezed 195/205 RWHP(pump gas/race fuel.
IM NOT TRYING TO BADMOUTH ANYONE IN PARTICULAR. But in the USA being amount of riders/shops is so low(especially if you don't live in Florida or California) and in some areas of USA such as Pennsylvania,Maryland,Delaware and New Jersey you will find a scarce amount of motorcyclist and 8 out
of 10 ride Harleys . Point is , SlyDog if your in the USA finding a competant race engine shop is like finding a needle in a haystack .Athough if you ask they will tell you there shop is full of world class
professionals . The MOTEC units you purchased SHOULD have worked well. The MV F4RR has the same basic engine design as its had for the last decade.
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
Last again....:-(
Light throttle, shit clutch, bad fuelling mid corner. Same thing every time, from every tester, F3, F4 ...R, RR doesn't matter, always the same....one wonders how far up the tree MV would be if they ever get this part of the equation right...

Such a shame and frustrating
Apparently a few 2013's have been returned for a full refund in the UK, Bikes just stopping with all the dash lights on, there is now a fix for it.
2013 F4 has the same Eldor ecu stuff as the F3.

Read the MCN test in Media section, even the MV manager said they were still learning about FBW, well having the general public do your research is fine by me....................because I don't own one and as long as this kind of shit continues i'll stick with my RSV4

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Apparently a few 2013's have been returned for a full refund in the UK, Bikes just stopping with all the dash lights on, there is now a fix for it.
2013 F4 has the same Eldor ecu stuff as the F3.

Read the MCN test in Media section, even the MV manager said they were still learning about FBW, well having the general public do your research is fine by me....................because I don't own one and as long as this kind of shit continues i'll stick with my RSV4
It's kind of disappointing really. It's almost like they released the 2013's without doing any kind of track testing at all. I can't see any test riders jumping off the bike with the way it's currently configured and shouting "magnifico" as the head back to their paddock. This really is the last thing that MV needs if they want to increase their volume. :/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode