"S" mode Vs "Normal" mode. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

"S" mode Vs "Normal" mode.

Even before I got my bike, I read several posts here explaining that "S" mode was full power and "normal" mode for slippery conditions. I always hatted the fact that bellow 5,000 RPM the F4 was always "dead" and the power was not very linear between 5000-8000 rpm. On the way home, I decided to try Normal mode, I was expecting a drop in power; couldn't be further from the truth. The bike is amazing fast right from 2000 rpm up and dead smooth, go figure. Have you tried you bike in "normal" mode? is it possible that my maps were loaded in reverse? The lack of power bellow 5000 seem to indicate that...

your impressions would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM

I've not really noticed much difference at highway speeds, but around town at low speeds <30mph Normal mode is much smoother.

Si
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 PM

New Site Garage
Does anyone know what the actual HP output difference is between "S" mode and Normal mode? I know the Panigale 1199 has this documented all over the place but couldn't find this info for the F4...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 AM

New Site Garage
I believe the variation is in the Torque between modes, that is the closest reference I have read. HP, I don't know, but there is mention on it on the brochure: ** Limited power versions available on demand
I use normal mode and it is just fine for city and run-in. I imagine Sport should reveal the monster in this machine.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Established Member

That's interesting. My experience is the exact opposite. When I have in S mode the front tire in 1st and 2nd comes off the ground much more abruptly and sooner than if S mode off.

2012 F4R
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 04:11 PM

New Site Garage
S has got to be more animalistic than normal IMO. In the Panigale, Race, as they call, opens up all kinds of crazy, I'm surprised the bike can hold together in that mode, haha. Traction control comes into play too so make sure reduced power feeling is not caused by TC.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 01:10 AM

I have a F3 which has 4 engine settings. S sport, N normal, R rain & C custom. Around town you tend to ride 3,000 to 5,000 rpm range whilst when playing (or on the track) the rpm are heaps higher. These settings adjust the engine mapping to suit the riding you are doing to make the bike 'more ridable'. The mapping adjustments covers a variety of things such as throttle response, fuel delivery, oxygen delivery, peak torque/rpm etc.

So, if riding around town use N, if playing use S, if wet use R. This means regularly changing the settings for the conditions or getting used to poor rideability in some conditions but great in others. The F4 and the Panigale will be similar to the F3.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 AM

I'm believing I get the opposite.....When I use "S" mode i believe I get a smoother and more powerful "experience"...so it's been there for a while now !!!

Most can pay the "Gold" price for education...but EVERYONE has to pay the "Iron" price for experience ! ! !
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Get a Bazzaz or PC V and take it to a dyno turner and have a custom map built. N and S doesn't really matter bits the fueling maps that are built for your specific bike and conditions. I have a mv coarse headers, Bodis titanium slip on with mid pipe, Bazzaz and custo map with some fresh michelin power ones 2ct and pick a gear. 1-4 I can bring the front wheel up with ease and ride that butch out!!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Established Member

1-4 wow that's nuts!

2012 F4R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode