A lot of newbie questions - '13 F4RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Paors
A lot of newbie questions - '13 F4RR

Good day!

After a month of waiting I finally got my new white F4RR - what a bike! I've had a lot of different bikes in the past, but this is my first MV - and I to say "I'm impressed" would be putting it mildly.
Right now I have a lot questions, partly because this is my first MV, partly because I've got my bike directly from the importer, not from a dealer, so right now it's still in the box, with mirrors and other parts detached, so I'll have to do the base setup myself.
The main question is - what do I have to do for this base setup? I've studied the manuals that come with the bike, most of the settings are there, the only thing I didn't find is the stock ride height. Right now the adjuster is in the shortest position - is that ok? I need some baseline that balances the rear ride height with the front, in order to start the chassis setup from there. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Konstantin,
Moscow, Russia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:30 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Welcome to the forum from Moscow,you have purchased a beautiful bike.I have not assembled a bike out of the crate before,so sorry I cannot answer your question.But one of the fine gentlemen on the forum may be able to help you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 AM

New Site Garage
Smile Welcome to the Forum Konstantin

That's some very good English you got happening there mate. Congrats on the new bike, I'm surprised they did not send you any more assembly info for the bike.

As far as I know, and I know very little about assembling new bikes, the suspension should be in the correct settings, but there should be something to do with that in the stuff you got with the bike.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 AM

Congrats on the bike! And welcome to the forums. I am sure our man Noel will help set you up right. This forum has a lot of really knowledgeable members. I am surprised however that you really have to 'assemble' the bike. Most of the time crated bikes don't have mirrors and windshield etc installed on them. And no fluids...and probably battery remains disconnected. I would have thought those are the kinds of things that needed to be done and then you are good to go. I guess I am mistaken! Either way good luck! You have come to the right place and of course some pics of your new baby would not go amiss!

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
Congrats on the bike! And welcome to the forums. I am sure our man Noel will help set you up right. This forum has a lot of really knowledgeable members. I am surprised however that you really have to 'assemble' the bike. Most of the time crated bikes don't have mirrors and windshield etc installed on them. And no fluids...and probably battery remains disconnected. I would have thought those are the kinds of things that needed to be done and then you are good to go. I guess I am mistaken! Either way good luck! You have come to the right place and of course some pics of your new baby would not go amiss!
I think Suryad has hit it pretty close. The two uncrated bikes that I have purchase and witnessed assembly of, involved installing the outer parts: mirrors, windscreen, seats, and removing plastic. The suspension comes set to a default from the factory. Usually sprung heavy in the back and light in the front to accommodate a passenger. Hook up the battery, and fill with oil, coolant, and gasoline to the proper levels, and boom, you should be ready to start it. Then find a good suspension setup article and read away before you adjust too much.

Then you may consider checking this out....

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=43

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.

Last edited by Ian SAVS; 05-02-2013 at 05:16 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
Welcome aboard,
Great English!

Noel will be right up to answer all these technical questions you have.

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 01:07 AM

Welcome! Pictures tell a thousand stories. If you could post some pics of your current setup - I am certain someone on this forum with the same bike can chime in. Good luck.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 AM

congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of MV Agusta. I know we keep saying Noel will be along to give you some info, but he really will.......
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome. Does the newer bikes have the same issue with air getting into the rad lines if you do not lean the bike over. Going from side to side to get all the air out of the system?
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 02:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up Welcome!

Konstantin;
Welcome aboard the Forum

download the service manual for your bike they are available in the Maintenance Section at the top of the page

look through the Maintenance Section in the service manual

i'd start with the battery, fill it and trickle charge it for 24 hours
be careful installing it....on 1st generation MVs the battery goes in on its side

remove the lower fairings

fill the radiator....lean the bike to the right to get the air out of the cylinder head, top it off, put the cap on it
fill the reservoir to the full mark

check your brake and clutch reservoirs
check the operation of the brakes and clutch

check the chain adjustment
check the torque on the swingarm pinch bolts

add a few liters of gasoline
turn the key on to cycle the pump
check for leaks

hopefully you have a rear stand, it will make this easier

start the bike, and let it idle until the fans cycle a few times
shut it off

while letting the bike cool verify the torque of ALL bolts (usually in Section N of the Manual)

look for any leaks

top off the coolant reservoir when cool

remount the fairings, watch the radiator Vee it usually fits into slots in the fairings

check the function of all lights, indicators and the horn

OK, suit up!

remember.......

shiny side up
rubber side down

ride safe

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 05-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode