Retarded Right Foot? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Retarded Right Foot?

Hey Guys,

Got a fairly new 2012 F4R (first MV coming from mainly R1's) and I find when I'm city riding my right foot doesn't sit properly on the peg (kind rolls around, never had this issue with the R1's from memory), left foot sits fine thou. I'm thinking it's the length of the foot peg maybe and considering my gear foot it always working is why I have that issue on the left side and not the brake side (on a quick side note, is the rear brake on the MV suppose to be almost totally useless? I mean I have to use most of my weight to get the bike to brake.).

Is my foot retarded or has anyone else experienced this? Should I look at getting longer/wider Pegs? Riding position is comfortable enough so need need for adjustable rearsets.

Any advise, help and tips would be great.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Established Member

Hi Coddie, not sure why you feel a difference between right and left as the F4 pegs are absolutely rubbish... no grip at all. I would advise you to replace them by CRC footpegs, they cost US$40 for a pair from China and have great grip.

On your rear brake question, it is true it is not really usefull but should still allow you to brake. Had the same issue and solution is to pump on the pedal for quite a long time. I don't know for what reason but the rear brake loses pressure quite quickly. Other option is to change the DOT4, although this is surprising to do it soo early.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I think the bike came with DOT4 fluid.......rear brakes are only for stabilizing the chassis entering turns, or holding the bike when stopped. If it had much power at all you would be locking the wheel and skidding around. Use the front brake.

And the pegs (same as many Ducatis) are junk. Get some with a more aggressive surface as suggested.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, good to know (I think) that the stock ones are rubbish. I'll order some asap, any suggestion on brand? I will go thru one of our sponsors.

As far as the back brake is concerned, yeah I only use it for turning and holding the bike at traffic lights, didn't realize I used it so much until now. I may have to get it looked at, I know on the R1's I've owned with the pressure I put on the MV brake just to feel it working I'd be locking up the back.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

I've read much about how terrible the foot pegs are yet I've never had a problem with them, once adjusted to exactly how I want them.

I changed mine (to Sato racing, round type) for the heck of it just to see (thinking maybe I was retarded) and I still noticed nothing different other than my wallet being lighter - so I suppose I did gain a weight saving out of it

I never ride in the wet, I can see the more aggressive surface making a difference there I guess.

Perhaps it comes down to riding style - who knows? I must say, the Sato racing ones do look kind of cool though, so there's that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

I've just ordered a set of cheap pegs to see if it makes a difference, slipping makes sense and possible because I mainly ride with work shoes or runners (no tracks here so just cruising mainly) it could be a combination of shoe and peg.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coddie View Post
I've just ordered a set of cheap pegs to see if it makes a difference, slipping makes sense and possible because I mainly ride with work shoes or runners (no tracks here so just cruising mainly) it could be a combination of shoe and peg.
Ah good point, I think you've found the variable - I only ever ride in boots, funny how that's not come up in discussion (or at least that I've seen) previously.

I am not sure about the 2012 F4R but the older ones had a smooth round bit on the end of the peg, I guess if your (I don't specially you but anyone in general) riding style hangs your foot right on the edge of the peg, I can't see much grip being offered there regardless of what footwear you have.

I think getting some cheapies as a test is a pretty smart move.

Good luck with it all & I really hope you get to love your bike.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:23 PM

You have air in the brake system, the fluid is old, or your pads/rotor are glazed over.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink more grip?

MV Special Parts offers 3 different rear sets/pegs for the 2nd gen MVs

non adjustable with a fine cast knurled pattern on the pegs;
http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...it-poggiapiedi

'Strada' 6 position adjustable with rubber inserts in the pegs;
http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...da-ev1-nere-cp

'Pista' 6 position adjustable machined teeth on the pegs with a nylon plug in the end;
http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...ta-ev1-nere-cp

sorry about the pictures, i didn't take them

black rearsets on a black background in a dimly lit
room????

me? i have Ade's pegs with rubber inserts

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 05-06-2013 at 05:57 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
I've read much about how terrible the foot pegs are yet I've never had a problem with them, once adjusted to exactly how I want them.

I changed mine (to Sato racing, round type) for the heck of it just to see (thinking maybe I was retarded) and I still noticed nothing different other than my wallet being lighter - so I suppose I did gain a weight saving out of it

I never ride in the wet, I can see the more aggressive surface making a difference there I guess.

Perhaps it comes down to riding style - who knows? I must say, the Sato racing ones do look kind of cool though, so there's that.
The position is OK Rob, the grip is woeful, especially on track when really pushing and changing direction quickly.
i remember nearly falling off my F4 once...we'd stopped for a quick pee and the side of the road was a bit muddy...so the boots got a bit grubby.....got back on and next corner my outside foot slipped right off, hanging like a monkey mid corner , f*ck know how I stayed on, MV front end perfection ???
Anyway, i had rear=sets on within a week.

Rearsets with grippy pegs transformed the F4
Just to note: Ducati OEM pegs are much the same and are as equally shit and slippery

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode