F4-R vs F4-RR 2013 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

F4-R vs F4-RR 2013

I just tested on the track both bikes, well, I have to say that RR is impressive as engine performance.
Near to 8/9K rpm engine push alot, quite too much.

Hp delivery its imprssive but not really what you need for an efficient ideal lap....

The std suspension Setup is too hard and very unconfortable.
Ride that bike is very stressful on track....(very tough). I did 3-4 adjustment tests before find a good compromise.
Electrical suspensions setting...... its a gadget , It doesen't worth

the F4 R is better to use, easier and more comfortable, the engine performance are quite the same (4/5 hp less) but power output delivery is "fairest" .

its mean more relax and cofidence and a better time attack for average gentlemen riders....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 PM

That would explain why the MV came dead last with a circa 1:32 lap...and the Aprilia came first...1:29.8 and then HP4 and then Panigale in a recent Motociclismo test.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Banned

I think in some ways MV misses the ergonomic and rider comfort parts of the package. Don't get me wrong I admire their take no prisoners hard edged approach but I think ultimately it ends up costing them. Making a bike that "feels" good increases rider confidence and get's better lap times.

Although for a street bike the MV feels amazingly fast. I love the sensation of speed that you get with an F4. It's a wonderful thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorysbk View Post
Electrical suspensions setting...... its a gadget , It doesen't worth
Interesting. My Roadracing World magazine just arrived today and they seemed to really like the electronic suspension stuff for the Panigale R. I don't know much about the MV system but I know the Ducati and BMW systems auto adjusts your dampening settings. While it probably seems like a gizmo adjusting these things when the temps change and your fork and shock oil is cold seems like a huge PITA.

It could be worse though. I own a vintage bike that has manual (open your fork and insert shims) preload adjustment. Technology has come a long way.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 PM
jpc
Established Member

The Australian Importer has dropped the F4R, you can only get the F4 or the F4RR here now.
I picked up my new F4R mid December, but was thinking of waiting on the 13 F4R, glad I didn't wait now.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Established Member

I'm not 100% on this but seems to me in a few tests where the F4's r down on lap times, it always seem to b for the same reason, lack of rider confidence on the bike.... Which is fair enough that standard setup of these bikes isn't the best.... However do they try really seting them up, because i've also seen massively impressive lap times in test, and i cant see a reason even my 2010 F4 wouldn't give the BMW 1 hell of a run for its money around a track, let alone the new F4RR.... U just have to get the setup right, i've been slowly tweaking mine and cant wait to get it to the track now because the difference is increadable
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennessy View Post
I'm not 100% on this but seems to me in a few tests where the F4's r down on lap times, it always seem to b for the same reason, lack of rider confidence on the bike.... Which is fair enough that standard setup of these bikes isn't the best.... However do they try really seting them up, because i've also seen massively impressive lap times in test, and i cant see a reason even my 2010 F4 wouldn't give the BMW 1 hell of a run for its money around a track, let alone the new F4RR.... U just have to get the setup right, i've been slowly tweaking mine and cant wait to get it to the track now because the difference is increadable
In most of the tests the competition is ready to go right out of the crate. An MV requires a lot more tinkering than that. When you have 5 bikes to test it's a huge time investment to research and setup things the right way.

MV does a lot of fibbing about their bikes. There's an interesting thread here about the weight fibs that they have told about the F3. Its a shame really.... Credibility is really important these days.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 PM

I sincerely doubt a tweaked HP4 and a tweaked MV RR put in the hands of the same capable rider will put out same times. That's just my gut feeling. Having ridden a 1000RR and my Senna on the same roads the 1000RR has given me much more confidence in going faster than the MV.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
I sincerely doubt a tweaked HP4 and a tweaked MV RR put in the hands of the same capable rider will put out same times. That's just my gut feeling. Having ridden a 1000RR and my Senna on the same roads the 1000RR has given me much more confidence in going faster than the MV.
Absolutely. That's actually one of the things I like about the MV. It feels fast even when your not going fast.

The BMW 1000RR even at absolutely retarded speeds feels solid and quite honestly slow. Vibrations and noise all contribute to the sensation of speed. BMW's weird looking bike is quite aerodynamic and they have done a lot to deal with the vibration. I have heard many a motorcycle test rider complain about the vibrations on an MV.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Established Member

All I can add to this disucssion. I bought a Ducati Monster S4RS which is the last real super-bike based monster for my girlfriend.

She found it utterly unridable.

She hopped on my MY10 F4 and was instantly comfortable. Perhaps there are other bikes that are better for confidence. but the F4 kicks the heck out of the ducati's at least as far as novice comfort is concerned.

----
Those wishing to tame lions should attend carefully the difference between domestication and sophisticated food gathering techniques.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode