What would be a good price to sell a 2010 F4? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

What would be a good price to sell a 2010 F4?

I've moved to Arizona about six months ago and barely ride it. Summer's coming so it's going to be sitting for another couple of months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Banned

I have been watching a few 2012 F4RR's drop from 24K to around 20K and still have yet to be sold brand new never titled.

Whats's the specific model and color?
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM

New Site Garage
Nice Evora. Good luck with your F4 sale. Are you not interested in riding it during the non-brutally hot months?

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Established Member

There is a 2011 in Florida
With 900 miles
Askin price of 11k
Red / silver
If this helps

F4cc
F4 tamburini (Lees bike always) 136/300
F4 tamburini 105/300. Sold
F4 senna 1000 (traded on the hp4)
F4 rr312
F4 rr 2012
Ducati desmocedici
Ducati desmocedici gp exhaust
Ducati panigale s
Ducati 1198R corse
1098r baliss
Ducati hypermotard sp 2012
Diavel carbon
Diavel base
Bimota db7
Aprillia mana 850
Bmw hp4 competition
Big bear chopper 300 sled
Ktm superduke 1290 2014
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Banned

Ouch. I would have thought that the later model bikes would hold value better than that. What was original list on those?
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
Ouch. I would have thought that the later model bikes would hold value better than that. What was original list on those?
+1

I thought they would be more in the $16-17K range.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Banned

I don't want to start a holy war about which model is better but perhaps this might have something to do with the pricing.

The first time I saw an F4 it was one of the older ones. When I got on the MV Agusta site and saw the new ones it was a deal killer for me and I started my search for one of the older style bikes and had a preference for the 750.

I did not even look at used 2010+ bikes because my WRONG expectation of the difference in price between used and new would be like most high end products and not really worth the hassle for the tiny savings. If I had fallen in love with a 2010+ bike it would have been a brand new one.

Its weird that products do this. An interesting similar example is Range Rover prices. The tip top of the line Range Rover sells for about 120K if you get the decked out Autobiography edition. Used you can pick up the older ones for pennies on the dollar. The cheaper Range Rover sport that sells for about 80K decked out ends up selling for more used than a similar year 120K Range Rover. How's that for weird as hell.

Back on topic.....

Allan. I would make the suggestion that you check out cycletrader.com and ebay and see what similar machines are going for in your area. Prices vary somewhat depending on market conditions and buyers. A great example is my personal bike. People here will tell you all day long it's worth 6K on a good day. I had no issues paying much more than that because of the color and condition. There's no exact science to pricing. You just have to find the buyer that wants what you have and is willing to pay what your asking. Supply and demand can be in your favor depending on your local market. When I bought mine it was the only F4 for sale in my area.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink hot?

its the end of March and you're already loosing it;

Allan, anticipating summer or thinking about boobies?????

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 04-06-2013 at 02:24 AM.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I may be trading it in for an Evora S. The best trade in value I could get was $9,000. So, I'd be happy to sell for $11,000. Well, the car dealer who it goes to would be happy to sell for $11,000 so they wouldn't have to turn it into a motorcycle dealer.

In the past, I would never think of selling my MV for a car. It's just now that I'm back in Phoenix, there's no where interesting to ride unless you go out farther when I'm want to. When I lived in Glendale-Montrose, CA, it was canyon nirvana there.
Attached Images

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 04-01-2013 at 04:14 PM.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary behr View Post
There is a 2011 in Florida
With 900 miles
Askin price of 11k
Red / silver
If this helps
this on a dealership site or cycle trader?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode