Exhaust for 2011 F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exhaust for 2011 F4

I am wanting to put pipes on my 2011 F4 but I'm looking for members advice. My main concerns are dropping some weight and obviously looks. The systems I am looking at are the RG4, Bodis and motocorse system.
I think the motocorse look the best but how do they perform and how much weight do you save? I've always loved that pipe organ look since I first seen an MV but the square pipes are growing on me. Does anyone recommend the RG4? I've heard they aren't much lighter than stock. The Bodis offer the round look and I've read good things about them on the forum but I am a bit concerned about how loud they might be. They do seem to give best bang for the buck from what I can tell.
Also is there much weight saving from any of these systems as a slip-on or is it all in the headers? I'm not necessarily craving the best HP numbers but for what I have to spend I would like a decent improvement.
If I did go the slip-on route do I need an ecu or some sort of fuel remapping device?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 PM

The Bodis will be the lightest as they are essentially just welded pipes with minimal noise restrictions.

The Bodis will be the LOUDEST thou.

the best looking one will be the Motocorse system but you do pay for it.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 PM

pm sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Do you save much weight from the slip-on? Does the slip-on have removable baffles and if so how loud are they with the baffles in?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:08 AM

Bodis sound vs stock exhaust.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...RmjrNNY0&gl=ES
Bodis with and without dbkillers
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...5EsFzzu0&gl=ES

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
The Bodis for the 2011 model,have removeable baffles so you can have them as loud or quiet as you feel comfortable with by packing the baffles .They are very well made,look good and alot lighter than original/RG4 systems.But you need the race ECU.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
The Bodis for the 2011 model,have removeable baffles so you can have them as loud or quiet as you feel comfortable with by packing the baffles .They are very well made,look good and alot lighter than original/RG4 systems.But you need the race ECU.
Are you referring to both the slip-on and full systems being lighter and needing the race ecu or full system only?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:24 AM

You would need the ecu if going with the full system, weight savings=11.02 pounds
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Does anybody have any experience with running the RG4 header and ecu with a Bodis exhaust? I am wondering if the ecu would need to be reprogrammed for the Bodis and if so how difficult is it? If I had to take it to a tuner to reprogram, would finding someone who can reprogram that ecu be difficult?
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 05:00 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
The bike will run rich after fitting the Bodis,thats why you need the race ECU,its adjustable,so your dealer can set the CO%.Easy with the right scan tool.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode