F4RR dyno runs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

F4RR dyno runs

Ok - just dyno'd my F4RR in stock form and with the MV Corse RG4 and Race ECU. haven't seen anyone else post this yet. Here is the results from the bike plotted together. This is a bike with about 150 miles on it.

The stock ECU and stock exhaust produces 172 at the wheel. With RG4 and the MV Race ECU you're looking at a bit over 177 which sounds about right for removing the cat and opening some up. Pretty impressive for a stock bike to put out 172 in stock form. The race ECU looks to have a slight dip below the stock ECU output between 12 and 13k RPM's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
Ok - just dyno'd my F4RR in stock form and with the MV Corse RG4 and Race ECU. haven't seen anyone else post this yet. Here is the results from the bike plotted together. This is a bike with about 150 miles on it.

The stock ECU and stock exhaust produces 172 at the wheel. With RG4 and the MV Race ECU you're looking at a bit over 177 which sounds about right for removing the cat and opening some up. Pretty impressive for a stock bike to put out 172 in stock form. The race ECU looks to have a slight dip below the stock ECU output between 12 and 13k RPM's.

That's some impressive horsepower.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:06 AM

Not bad. My 10 was 171 at the rear on a 200 race tire with rg4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:24 AM

To much money spent for only win 7 cv.
200 ufff,is OK

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SpainF4; 08-12-2012 at 05:35 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainF4 View Post
To much money spent for only win 7 cv.
200 ufff,is OK

Too much money to spend on 177hp. If you wanted max HP for least amount of dollars, the MV Agusta F4 wouldn't be at the top of your list. . ..
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 09:34 AM

It's his money to spend as he wishes.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 09:42 AM

The approx 10 hp gain from 10000 through to 12000 is probably the selling point on the graph, I wonder if a bit of fuelling adjustment would pick the graph up between 8000-1000, that really would make a huge difference

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
It's his money to spend as he wishes.
Of course ! Who said the contrary!
I want do the same,but only thinking in lose weight, if I win one more CV much better.

Last edited by SpainF4; 08-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:09 PM

If you were to map it through a PCIII or Bazzaz you would smooth it out andgain some HP. Probably over 180
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

My dealer is loading the ECU map to see if they can tune it. They are quite good and have remapped most Duc's. Since the MV uses the MM 7BM ECU, its slightly different, so they'll take a look and see what they get. My guess is they'll get the fueling a bit smoother and perhaps gain a bit more.

The RG4 is probably not the absolute best option, but its essentially the only option if you wanted to stay with the square pipes. I'm going to live with the square look for a little awhile. If I get sick of it, then I'll go back to the round and look at Bodi's or MotoCorse. You don't gain much except for the cat removal as the RG4 exhaust is about the same weight as the stock one.

Anyone know if Bodi/MotoCorse slip-ons will fit on the RG4 link pipe ? I believe it would as I'd like to keep something and not replace everything all over again if I do change.

I was impressed with 172hp base though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode