2010 F4 full tank - 13 litres - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

2010 F4 full tank - 13 litres

Few days ago, I run out gas and push the bike to the closest gas station. Damn, what a pain. ( I did open the cap and see the bottom of my tank without any gas, try to start the bike twice but only on for few seconds).

Then I filled the gas into the tank and found out it capacity only 13 litres. The spec sheet states 17 litres if i am not mistaken.

I always doubt with gas consumption on my F4 very thirsty, but if the capacity is 13 litres not 17 litres, then it is normal.

Anyone know regarding this matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 07:18 AM

This interesting, my light comes on and all I can put in is 12.5L. I always assumed to have another 4.5L in the tank, I was going to test that theory with this last fill; I think I will wait :-).
Has anyone been able to put more than 15L in a fill up?

Toronto, Canada
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my10-jakarta View Post
Few days ago, I run out gas and push the bike to the closest gas station. Damn, what a pain. ( I did open the cap and see the bottom of my tank without any gas, try to start the bike twice but only on for few seconds).

Then I filled the gas into the tank and found out it capacity only 13 litres. The spec sheet states 17 litres if i am not mistaken.

I always doubt with gas consumption on my F4 very thirsty, but if the capacity is 13 litres not 17 litres, then it is normal.

Anyone know regarding this matter?
Do you know how many miles you did?
I have never gotten to the fuel light coming on, but fill up at around 100 miles using the trip meter which I reset every fill, the most I have done is a 120miles.
This is on an F4750 which is the first bike I have owned with no reserve tank, but it does have the fuel light., which you hope you check actually works upon start up amongst the myramid of lights which all come on at once for .75? of a second when you first turn the key
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser View Post
This interesting, my light comes on and all I can put in is 12.5L. I always assumed to have another 4.5L in the tank, I was going to test that theory with this last fill; I think I will wait :-).
Has anyone been able to put more than 15L in a fill up?

I am sure my tank was empty, I saw inside the tank, I can see the bottom inside, dry. The engine would not start more than 2 seconds after try twice,

and the full tank was 13 litres.

So where is the rest of 4 litres? I swear i saw on brochure it states 17 litres.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
Do you know how many miles you did?
I have never gotten to the fuel light coming on, but fill up at around 100 miles using the trip meter which I reset every fill, the most I have done is a 120miles.
This is on an F4750 which is the first bike I have owned with no reserve tank, but it does have the fuel light., which you hope you check actually works upon start up amongst the myramid of lights which all come on at once for .75? of a second when you first turn the key

I never pay attention with the bike mpg. But i feel the interval to fill the gas is too close.

The light is on since last week, and i did not know that my brother steal the gas from it. He forgot to tell me. And I thought there should be enough for me to the nearest gas station. What a funny moment.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 AM

I Went to Over 4 Gallons on a Fill Up

Last weekend I was riding my 2010 F4 1000 and the gas light came on....and I was in the middle of nowhere! I went 20 more miles and finally found a gas station with high octane fuel.

The final tally was my tank then took 4.1 gallons to fill it to the top, which my calculations shows is 15.5 liters. So, I would say that 17 liters is probably correct for the total tank capacity.

The Tom
Northern Virginia, USA
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

I will dry it to the bottom again and report it again
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down ?

and you guys can't even figure out how much gas your tank holds?????

and you're debating it too!!!!!

you're dangerous

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 01:16 PM

Why is a USA gallon different to a UK gallon?

1 gallon [UK] = 1.200 949 925 5 gallon [US, liquid]
1 gallon [UK] = 4.546 09 liter
1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785 411 784 liter

I wonder who's gallons they use in Jakarta?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
and you guys can't even figure out how much gas your tank holds?????

and you're debating it too!!!!!

you're dangerous
yes, that's why i ask

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode