New Zard undertail for 2010 F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

New Zard undertail for 2010 F4

Apparently this is available. I haven't seen it discussed, yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 11:37 PM

Looks a bit Ducati - ish!!!! AND a bit box like!!!

I think a low down muffler is the go - get the weight down low and more noise!!!

Going to try one on the 312R very soon!!!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Makes the OEM square pipes look awesome .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 12:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5PHI2HVtuc
(from youtube, I prefer that dual instead of 4 round exhaust. Looks more update).

If you care more on performance, go with the other Zard model which only 4.5 kg. But not an undertail.

There is a discussion here :

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42371
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 AM

New Site Garage
Exclamation Hhhmm

I am a fan of the Four pipes any day, but I must say I like the way they try and make these pipes match the tailpiece, it looks good in the video, much better than the Arrow's effort.
PS. I am just slowly softening people up so they don't get too pissed of if I start using a Zard exhaust next year.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 04:41 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by my10-jakarta View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5PHI2HVtuc
(from youtube, I prefer that dual instead of 4 round exhaust. Looks more update).

If you care more on performance, go with the other Zard model which only 4.5 kg. But not an undertail.

There is a discussion here :

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42371

It's standing next to a Ducati. Need I say more?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM

Nice sound, and should be good performance. But it just change the look dramaticaly. Hope Bodis come out with their project soon.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus james View Post
Apparently this is available. I haven't seen it discussed, yet.

The stock square pipes look much better. I would try to get my money back if I were you.

Franklin E. Parker, Esq.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Might just as well buy a Ducati, if you want two pipes. The whole reason for buying an MV is 4 !
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 12:13 PM
X81

I've never really understood why people are so dismissive and quite rude regarding an exhaust system that isn't standard or in with the 4 pipe look.

I appreciate that the 4 pipe look is a nice one but in terms of performance it's not great.

On the 2010 F4 the RG4 is even worse, not only is it almost as heavy as the stock system but it doesn't really do that much in terms of releasing power, what seems to make the difference is the different mapping for the TSS system that is obviously contained in the replacement ECU also supplied with the RG4. As i've mentioned on another thread the TSS is not reliable in terms of producing decent power. When it works it's awesome but when it doesn't it creates significant holes in the power delivery. I have a cure in mind and hopefully will be working on it soon.

The older RG3 did at least get some ok gains. but the only way to totally smooth out a power curve on the old F4 was to junk the whol esystem and fit either the Twin arrow or the Twin Zard system, Of those two my personal preference is the Zard as it just seems sleeker and more in keeping with the bike. I'm hoping i'll see similar results of a smoother out mid range and decent peak power gain on the new stuff as well.

These new systems for the 2010 stuff i think are quite tidy. I quite like the look of the side pipes and of the underseat stuff.

Should be having an RR in shortly for a full system and ECU fitment.

I remember when i posted a picture of my bike up with the Zard system and someone put a reply up something like "urgh what idiot did that to their bike" or something like that.................

No need for it in my opinion. taste is a personal thing but there are other factors that drive decisions such as value for money and final performance.

The full Ti system from Zard is much CHEAPER and shit loads lighter than the RG4 which is silly money for what it delivers. How a full Ti system hand made in a small Italian factory can be cheaper than a Mass produced stainless steel system is an interesting thing i think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode