2010 F4's Tail section - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

2010 F4's Tail section

Well, there are a few things about the new F4's design and the build quality of it which I don't care for, and the one thing that really bothers me is the biposto tail section!!

I can't understand why MV didn't follow the production pattern of the earlier F4 models, where both the Mono and biposto options were available! How often do you see someone riding an F4 with a passenger behind him/her?

I think that it breaks the flow of the design lines and is indeed very unattractive. Even upgrading it by replacing the rear seat with a cowling will not take care of the passenger foot peg mounts and the heavier shock spring rate and the heavier subframe for that matter!

Now crucify me if you think what I'm saying here in nonsense. I don't believe that they did enough studies on this subject matter to finalize the decision of only producing it this way!!

Last edited by Stephano; 08-14-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
Well, there are a few things that I don't care for in the new F4 design and some of the build quality of it, and the one thing that really bothers me is the biposto tail section!!

I can't understand why MV didn't follow the production pattern of the earlier models, where both Mono and biposto options were available! How often do you see someone riding an F4 with a passenger behind him/her?

I think that it breaks the flow of the design and is very unattractive. Even upgrading it by replacing the rear seat with a cowling will not take care of the passenger foot peg mounts and the heavier shock spring rate and the heavier subframe for that matter!

Now crucify me if you think what I'm saying here in nonsense. I don't believe that they did enough studies on this subject matter to finalize the decision of only producing it this way!!

I agree with you Stephano. I much would have preferred a monoposto as I never carry a passenger (my wife took one look at the F4's passenger perch and said, "Are you f*%&*#g nuts?").
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Mike View Post
I agree with you Stephano. I much would have preferred a monoposto as I never carry a passenger (my wife took one look at the F4's passenger perch and said, "Are you f*%&*#g nuts?").
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Cost cutting.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
Well, there are a few things about the new F4's design and the build quality of it which I don't care for, and the one thing that really bothers me is the biposto tail section!!

I can't understand why MV didn't follow the production pattern of the earlier F4 models, where both the Mono and biposto options were available! How often do you see someone riding an F4 with a passenger behind him/her?

I think that it breaks the flow of the design lines and is indeed very unattractive. Even upgrading it by replacing the rear seat with a cowling will not take care of the passenger foot peg mounts and the heavier shock spring rate and the heavier subframe for that matter!

Totally agree.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:25 PM

Me too. I was sure MV would have followed what Ducati and Aprilia did by having a convertible tail section piece. One of the new F4s I saw in the showroom had a slightly faded passenger seat.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:47 PM

totaly agree , i'm waiting for the F4 CORSA CORTA in limited edition , i hope that it has monoposto seat !!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 05:11 PM

I completely agree, to me this biposto setup is such a turn off that I wouldn't consider this bike unless they came with a true solo rear section. I am sure it can be bought aftermarket, but you shouldn't have to, and it will always be aftermarket. Do they sell a true solo tail section the folks of MV Special Parts?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 05:49 PM

I don't think it's terribly bad but a switch able cowl should have been offered - or at least incorporated into the design and been available after the 2010's launch.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 AM

#1, the 1+1 doesnt have a heavier shock spring than a mono, never did! #2 the new F4 doesnt have a hinged tail section like the old one, the seat pops off and thats it, so it would not have made too much sense for them to do that because you wouldnt be able to get under the fairing if they did. Either embrace the new design or buy a old one IMHO.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode