2010 F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

2010 F4

I had the opportunity to ride the 2010 F4 a couple of days ago. It was an offer that I just couldn't pass on. I did some highway, and some traffic riding. I'd say, it's a great bike , it's improved in several areas, and the feeling was good. Having the "old bike", I still appreciate it very much. However, I have many improvements done to my bike, that probably makes it closer to the new one. To my personal taste , the look and details ,are better on the "old one"
I won't sell mine to get the new one, but will try to save $,to add it on. The sound of the new, when on board, is great., and I can only imagine when they come out with an aftermarket exhaust.I think they did a great job. I would choose the 2010 F4 over any other 2010 brand out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
+1 agree

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 PM

Me too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 AM

New Site Garage
I agree 100% , the old f4 is more beautiful !!

Monster S4
996s
998s
999s
Brutale 910r
F4 1000 312r
1098r
Hypermotard 1100
F4 1000r (2010)
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 PM

Side By Side Comparison

I had the fortune of seeing both the 2009 & 2010 F4 and Brute side-by-side.

I find it really hard to believe anyone would criticize the new BMW S100RR and praise the 2010 F4 purely from a cosmetic point of view. If you placed two (separate) headlights on the MV, it would look exactly like a BMW. If I had to describe the nose on the MV, I'd say it looks like the BMW's brother.

Now, as a MV fanatic, I can appreciate your comments on how ugly the BMW is, when compared to an MV. After all, you always support your home team.

I think the biggest frustration for the Brutale is that they integrated the turn signals into the mirrors, which are absolutely useless. So, if you replace the mirrors, you have to install front turn signals. However, I'm confident this will be quickly mitigated by one of our vendors.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 07:42 PM

The asymmetrical headlights are what makes the S1000RR ugly.

But if you added them plus a gapping hole in the middle of the F4's fairing and windscreen that cuts the bike in half, then it would look identical to the S1000RR. Otherwise, the only thing they have uncommon is a very pointy front end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidWhy View Post
I had the fortune of seeing both the 2009 & 2010 F4 and Brute side-by-side.

I find it really hard to believe anyone would criticize the new BMW S100RR and praise the 2010 F4 purely from a cosmetic point of view. If you placed two (separate) headlights on the MV, it would look exactly like a BMW. If I had to describe the nose on the MV, I'd say it looks like the BMW's brother.

Now, as a MV fanatic, I can appreciate your comments on how ugly the BMW is, when compared to an MV. After all, you always support your home team.

I think the biggest frustration for the Brutale is that they integrated the turn signals into the mirrors, which are absolutely useless. So, if you replace the mirrors, you have to install front turn signals. However, I'm confident this will be quickly mitigated by one of our vendors.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 PM

Agree.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:23 AM

I had the chance last weekend to ride the new F4 and the last model of the "old" design, the Millesettantotto, as Mike would say. I was really impressed by the new F4. Handling, response to the slightest move of the throttle, the sound, comfort, just name it. Very impressive.
Than I swapped bikes with Franco Bonera and rode the 1078 for the rest of the Day. First impressions were, what a heavy bike the 1078 is. Steering, falling from one turn into the next, it is heavy. Even acceleration and throttle response feel heavy compared to the new F4.
Gianfranco's verdict was short there after. Thumbs up for the new F4, neeeh for the Millesettantotto.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode