2010 Exhaust..... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

2010 Exhaust.....

Rite guys....i have the 2010 F4 in platinum/silver and i love the bike (its great!)
but the exhaust makes me feel sick every time i look at it...i think it looks cheap and badly finished for the type of bike your paying for.

So...i love the look of the Bodis exhaust on the F4 before mine, and i like the exhaust to look polished (or at least not rusty). Im unsure if i want to keep the square pipes as the end or go back to the oval/round ones.

Has anyone seen any exhaust for the 2010 F4 yet??....if not i'll just have to polish mine and make it look like a mirror haha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny0597 View Post
Rite guys....i have the 2010 F4 in platinum/silver and i love the bike (its great!)
but the exhaust makes me feel sick every time i look at it...i think it looks cheap and badly finished for the type of bike your paying for.

So...i love the look of the Bodis exhaust on the F4 before mine, and i like the exhaust to look polished (or at least not rusty). Im unsure if i want to keep the square pipes as the end or go back to the oval/round ones.

Has anyone seen any exhaust for the 2010 F4 yet??....if not i'll just have to polish mine and make it look like a mirror haha.

Steve Wood lives in your neck of the woods and he got his polished locally

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:29 AM

I was thinking of making mine black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
I don't understand what there is not to like about the exhaust. After reading you guys comments I've walked into the garage to take another look at mine and can't seem to find whats wrong. I think it looks 'industrial' and I kind of like that. The coloration alongside the welding is just some corrosion due to the welding process. I believe they left that there on purpose.

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Have to say i agree with the bunch that finds it absolutely hideous!! That welding seem on the side is just one of the worst i have ever seen on any motorcycle! And to find it on this exeptional motorcycle is just a no no. However i did drop an email to Bodis, and they say they will manufacture an exhaust, but not sure when its gone be finished, at the latest to the Intermot fair though.....
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 PM

I would contact Bodis and see if they will make a round organ pipe exhaust for the 2010's. They are your best bet.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 PM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
It Don't Botter Me At All
I Like It.

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 PM

It was one of the things I didn't like when I saw the 2010 F4 in the show room for the first time. But, I think the pre-2010 model also had the same weld. On a related note, Ducati's Termi welds look horrible too.

On the plus side, I didn't even notice the welds when I took that test ride on Saturday.
Attached Images

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 06:53 PM

ill be honest im not a big fan of the exhausts also. imo they make the bike look like a jap undertail bike. im in line to buy my 2010 next week but i been lookin hard for the 09 312 1098 hard...
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:22 PM

I havent been fortunate enough to see a 2010 F4 in the flesh yet, but from all the pics that have been posted here I must admit the look of the square exhausts and also the poor quality welds/corrosion....that have left me a little disappointed with the bike. I'm interested to see how that might change when I get to see one up close and personal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode