2010 F4; on reflection - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Cool 2010 F4; on reflection

It's past mid June now; all test reports and user reviews are in and fully digested.

Has it occurred to anyone MV may have missed the mark? What was the mark anyway?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 05:53 PM

By no means is it a bad bike. It's just not the quantum leap that everyone was expecting.

2005 MV F4-1000S
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:26 PM

U.S. owners are just getting their bikes and there seems to be a lot of activity on this forum of current or new owners either getting their bikes or planning on getting it.

Out of a 12 bikes allocation, Pro Italia has deposits on six. And, even if only three of those deposits result in a sale, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to sell the other 3 relatively quickly before the other bikes come in. I know someone here who's interested in the all black one.

If I didn't have the 1198 or if I still had my '06 F4S, without a doubt, I would be riding a new F4 right now. It's not the quantum leap many of us hoped for (and I really had hoped for one), but it's not the same bike with a new paint job or bigger engine. And, it's sparked interest for current/former MV owners to trade in their bikes as well as bring in fresh blood. So, I think MV has hit their mark with the new F4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Established Member

If the 2011 ZX10R is really 190hp, then coupled w/ the S1000RR's recent success, then they do make the 2010 F4 look pedestrian.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww73 View Post
If the 2011 ZX10R is really 190hp, then coupled w/ the S1000RR's recent success, then they do make the 2010 F4 look pedestrian.
But you make another good point. When Japan catches up, the BMW loses it's allure.

But the MV will always have it's exotic flavor. And if MV puts out an 175hp R or Corse version it will be in the ballpark and competitive.

2005 MV F4-1000S
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
But you make another good point. When Japan catches up, the BMW loses it's allure.

But the MV will always have it's exotic flavor. And if MV puts out an 175hp R or Corse version it will be in the ballpark and competitive.
exactly!

...People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs...
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post

I dont think japan will catch up for a long while, they are having huge problems at the moment. so i guess it takes at least a couple of years for them to get up to speed. And im pretty sure Bmw has more power to lure out of their engine.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Banned

Japanese R+D has been almost at a standstill for about 18 months - what is trickling through now is
anything that was off the boards and in preproduction before they hit financial issues.
I wouldn't expect to see anything major from Japan for another couple of years.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark m View Post
Japanese R+D has been almost at a standstill for about 18 months - what is trickling through now is
anything that was off the boards and in preproduction before they hit financial issues.
I wouldn't expect to see anything major from Japan for another couple of years.
+100
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
You buy an MV because it's a beauty, because it makes the sexiest sound, because it's the best balanced sport bike, because any other sport bike is just a wanna be MV and did I mention it's beauty? If you are in doubt between the options of buying a Japanese sport bike or an MV, the MV is not the right bike for you. Japan will NEVER catch up. Not even if they produce a faster bike.

“MV Agusta F4 2010 black / Aprilia RS250 / Ducati Panigale V4S.”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode