2010 F4 Sport Mode??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Question 2010 F4 Sport Mode???

Hi---On the 2010 F4 there is a sport mode (page 90 in owners manual)

I am not sure if i set it or not...The big S comes up after i push the button...but does not stay on???

Can anyone tell me how to set the bike in sport mode and how to check to see if the setting stays on...

P.S. I wanted to post some pics but they are to big...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:18 AM

Mombo got his bike!!!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombo View Post
Hi---On the 2010 F4 there is a sport mode (page 90 in owners manual)

I am not sure if i set it or not...The big S comes up after i push the button...but does not stay on???

Can anyone tell me how to set the bike in sport mode and how to check to see if the setting stays on...

P.S. I wanted to post some pics but they are to big...
Mombo,
Noticed you have both the Duc 1198S and the new F4. Realize the bikes are two seperate worlds, but would appreciate yout thoughts on the differences is performance and useability.
I had a 2007 F4 1000 R and was disapointed with 2 main issues: 1) the sudden "jump" at 5/6000 rpm made riding it anywhere but the track unmanageable (IMO) and 2) I'm a bigger guy (6', 205+ lbs) and the ergs were poor for me particularly the seat tand the tank shape. From what I've read, they've addressed these issues and made the new F4 much more user friendly. If this is the case, I'd like to add it to the stable.
I ended up selling my old F4 ad got the Ducati and very happy with it. I've always admired the design of the MV and I know it's quick. Your opinions and expereinces are appreciated.

2005 Ducati 999R (track bike)
2008 Ducati Desmosedici RR (187/1500)
2009 Harley Davidson VRod Muscle
2010 Ducati 1198S
2010 MV Agusta F4
2011 BMW K1300S
2012 ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 01:24 PM

The sport mode on the Brutale is changed by pressing the starter button to get it blinking, pressing again to change the mode, and then holding it to get it to set - i can get it to change about once every 5 tries. Hope you have better luck.

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thumbs up Get It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoHugh View Post
Mombo,
Noticed you have both the Duc 1198S and the new F4. Realize the bikes are two seperate worlds, but would appreciate yout thoughts on the differences is performance and useability.
I had a 2007 F4 1000 R and was disapointed with 2 main issues: 1) the sudden "jump" at 5/6000 rpm made riding it anywhere but the track unmanageable (IMO) and 2) I'm a bigger guy (6', 205+ lbs) and the ergs were poor for me particularly the seat tand the tank shape. From what I've read, they've addressed these issues and made the new F4 much more user friendly. If this is the case, I'd like to add it to the stable.
I ended up selling my old F4 ad got the Ducati and very happy with it. I've always admired the design of the MV and I know it's quick. Your opinions and expereinces are appreciated.
I can tell you that i have owned over 30+ street bikes and this 2010 F4 is the real deal...

You will fit perfect as i am the same size and weight...

Get one now because im sure they will be a sell out as soon as people start to see them on the road...

As for the 1198 vs MV F4...Differant but love them both...If you are adding it's a no brainer...

Danny...
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Question Hmmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
The sport mode on the Brutale is changed by pressing the starter button to get it blinking, pressing again to change the mode, and then holding it to get it to set - i can get it to change about once every 5 tries. Hope you have better luck.
Ya i think there is a trick we are missing here...

In the manual it shows a big S and SPORT MODE on the dash but i can't get that to happen...

It looks easy but i can't figure it out...

Maybe i have to hit the OK or SET button but it does not say to do that only to push the start button and it should be set???

Please chime in if anyone knows what's up with this sport mode...
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 06:10 PM

Ok one thing I have figured out is that you can't tap it like a mouse, it seems to require that you press the button firmly once, and then wait about 1/2 second before you press anything again. If you've got it to show S, it should just be a matter of waiting a 1/2 sec and then holding the start button down for maybe 1-2 seconds.

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thumbs down No Luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Ok one thing I have figured out is that you can't tap it like a mouse, it seems to require that you press the button firmly once, and then wait about 1/2 second before you press anything again. If you've got it to show S, it should just be a matter of waiting a 1/2 sec and then holding the start button down for maybe 1-2 seconds.
There has to be a better way...

It should be easy and im not getting it...

I want SPORT MODE Please Help...
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Pictures!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exclamation Too Big!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snohman View Post
Pictures!
I tryed but thet are all to big...

It is a sweet bike and i am very happy with it...But i want SPORT MODE NOW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode