Waiting waiting waiting.... Oh and still more waiting! - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Waiting waiting waiting.... Oh and still more waiting!

So my year started awesomely, finally got my brand new 2018 F4 in stunning pearl white. Managed to get a couple of thousand of kms of riding done inbetween working 2 jobs and being Dad and husband...

Then came an unseasonably warm day in winter (July in Australia) 23 degrees and blue sky.... I rang my mate and we headed out to a favourite set of twisties that we enjoy on a regular basis.

2 hours in and we had a break for lunch and then headed back for another few laps, down the mountain we went enjoying the sunshine and corners without a hint of what was coming next.

We turned around and headed back up, about half way up is a set of tight turns, a left / right / left / left combo that is perfect camber and the surface is amazing. As I switched from left into the right..... I smelt it.... Fucking diesel!!!... As quickly as the thought process was happening the front end washed out!

Thanks to the careless truck driver who over filled his tanks and decided to let it flow all over the road. Really appreciate it mate!

Now I was sliding along watching my beloved bike grinding away the right hand side and heading for the guard rail...

Fortunately I was unhurt, due to my riding gear doing it's job. My bike on the other hand.... Not so good...

Oh well that's what insurance is for right?
So I go through the usual routine of lodging a claim and now this is where the "waiting waiting waiting" begins...

3 months in and no parts have arrived, some are still on back order and others are due at the end of November!... Seriously? WTF?

Meanwhile my registration, insurance and factory warranty are all slipping away whilst my beautiful bike (not so at the moment) sits idle in a cold and lonely corner of the workshop. 😢😭

Not to mention that I haven't been able to ride for 3 months! Arrrrrrrgh! So frustrating!

Now I understand that MV are considerably smaller than all the other manufacturers, and suppliers distribution and fabrication all take longer than usual. But being that the F4 has been their flagship for so long and that this is a 2018 brand new model, I would have expected them to have sufficient stock of parts to cover supply and demand on this. But clearly that is not the case.

Not sure what others think about this? But it is my understanding that if you produce a vehicle you must stock sufficient replacement parts to cover up to a minimum of 10 years after the manufacturing date? Please correct me if I am misinformed about this?

So still the waiting continues and with an open date on the completion of my bike I am left feeling disappointed, frustrated and considering if my desire to own an MV Agusta was actually a bad idea.

Thanks for listening to my rant, fingers crossed she comes back before Christmas!

Previous rides:
'86 Yamaha RZ250R - '96 Honda RVF400R - '96 Kawasaki ZX7R -
'00 Ducati 748R - '07 Honda CBR1000RR -'13 Ducati 848EVO

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 12:03 AM

New Site Garage
What was the part list like and who's the dealer? - if the bike hasn't been written off then surely the damage is just across cosmetic items?

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPI View Post
Thanks to the careless truck driver who over filled his tanks and decided to let it flow all over the road. Really appreciate it mate!
Once I was riding my Bonny to work on a hot Perth summer day, just wearing tee-shirt (black of course!) and going around the Causeway Circus I encountered the same thing, a nice curve of diesel from an overfilled tank! Bugger!

Both wheels slipped, and I went into motocross style, flicked the bars to steer into it and kicked the bike back up with my Dunlop Volley shoes and manged to stay upright! I remember having time to think to myself, I am NOT falling off while wearing just a tee-shirt!
Sorry to hear of your disaster, glad to hear you are okay.
Sister lives in Sydney and rides a BMW GS600, she goes riding in the mountains and up the coast a lot. Pie In The Sky is her meeting place to ride with friends.

2018 Skyteam Ace 125
2012 Honda CBR250R
2010 Aprilia RS125
2005 MV F4 1000S
1983 Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans III
1979 Triumph 750 Bonneville (stolen many years ago)
1969 Norton 750 Interstate Combat (also stolen many years ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 02:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPI View Post
. . .

Not sure what others think about this? But it is my understanding that if you produce a vehicle you must stock sufficient replacement parts to cover up to a minimum of 10 years after the manufacturing date? Please correct me if I am misinformed about this? . . .
Yes. I was told that via a Triumph factory tour (not that that's exactly relevant).

MV could easily say that 'yes', they do stock them, but the last few just sold. Of course we know it would be crap, but their butt's covered so far as legal ramifications.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 06:31 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Have you reached out to the factory with your parts list for information??? Have you looked for the parts yourself? or just letting the dealer do the search?

Have you considered repair vs replace....or used parts...just to get her back on the road?

Sorry to hear of your spill. That always sucks, regardless of brand. I have found basic service parts are not an issue, but cosmetic parts can be difficult. I have also found that a good high end auto body shop (think exotics) can do wonders with repairs and paint.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 08:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Tough luck there @HAPPI (and @Surfer Dave: I have it on good authority that black T-shirts protect the rider. You are proof of that.)

AS for parts, you may hove better luck trying to source them...or some of them...through patrons of this site. Try an ad in the Wanted To Buy section.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
What was the part list like and who's the dealer? - if the bike hasn't been written off then surely the damage is just across cosmetic items?
Hey mate, yes basically all cosmetic.
Not sure of the complete list as it's being taken care of by the insurance company repairers.

Previous rides:

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Have you reached out to the factory with your parts list for information??? Have you looked for the parts yourself? or just letting the dealer do the search?

Have you considered repair vs replace....or used parts...just to get her back on the road?

Sorry to hear of your spill. That always sucks, regardless of brand. I have found basic service parts are not an issue, but cosmetic parts can be difficult. I have also found that a good high end auto body shop (think exotics) can do wonders with repairs and paint.
Hello esq'z,

Not much help has come from the factory, basically the same information from them as from the repairers. "Parts are coming and some are still on back order"

Bike is basically (was) brand new so being that it is getting repaired through my insurance I only want to get brand new replacement parts. The claim is in the middle of beening processed so it's also out of my control.

Previous rides:

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 06:25 PM
Established Member

Perhaps the delay is on the insurance side. I've seen it and they blame everyone. It really shouldn't take so long. I ordered a complete lockset and dash via startwin, not to mention a pearl white tank some time back and all were here within 2 months.

'12 F4RR CorsaCorta, '12 F3 675
'18 Ducati Xdiavel
'15 Triumph Daytona 675R -
new toy

Previous-Sold...That I remember
'05 Yamaha R1
'09 Yamaha R1
'12 BMW S1000RR
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav777 View Post
Perhaps the delay is on the insurance side. I've seen it and they blame everyone. It really shouldn't take so long. I ordered a complete lockset and dash via startwin, not to mention a pearl white tank some time back and all were here within 2 months.
If you are ordering parts direct from a European dealer they will arrive in half the time it takes to go through your local dealer, and likely be half the price.

Insurance companies here tend to have the repairer import the parts themselves.

Tony

2013 F4RR
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony F For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode