MV Agusta F4 RR - MVAgusta.net
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

MV Agusta F4 RR

Hello good friends,

So after my introduction and the desire to finally purchase a new MV sportsbike, I settled for the F4 after much reading and talking to people who owns MVs.

So I called the salesman and guess what? No more new F4 sold to my country from MV since F4 doesnt meet the Euro 4 actual requirements. Only Euro 3. My hearth broke.

Despite hating the used market, from bad experiences in the past, it was my only chance to ever own a F4. But at the moment no deals that inspire me confidence or are simply overpriced.

The F4 price was already at my financial top limit to spend but I recall the salesman telling me they had in stock only a black 2016 F4 RR, still with no licence plate and 0 Kms. A 2019 F4RR, MV Agusta price for Europe goes for 27900 Euros, which is way above my limit of 21/22000 stretched.

So we talked and after much negotiation (since they have it since 2016 and I believe just want to sell the bike by now), he sells it to me for 22000 Euros, which I do not think is a bad price.

Of course it is not my first bike, but it will be my first litter bike. I am 43 years old by the way. I know the F4 was already more of a bike that I could ever handle, I can only imagine the RR. I know that I am a conscious person, also because I have 2 kids, so I will probably never use more than 30% of it, sure of that (probably 20% in reality ).

Im still deciding on what to do. What do you guys think?

Also, what are the main concerns on a 3 years bike that has just been getting dust in the store, besides battery of course and fluids that they already commited giving it a deep and rigourous inspection.

Thank you and cheers.

Last edited by glpsace; 10-18-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 05:33 PM

It does not matter if you use 30% or 100% of the bike, if it makes you smile, well that's all that matters.

Concerns, as you say provided fluids etc are changed and well serviced, it should be fine.

Things to do?
What ever aesthetics you prefer, for me the biggest thing was improving the throttle connection. Its a personal thing and i just did not gel with the stock setting. My fix was to flash it with ECU Studio, and to change the quick shifter sensor and enable the blipper.

Its a great bike to thrash around a track, the road, or just polish and ride to a coffee shop, true versatility

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
It does not matter if you use 30% or 100% of the bike, if it makes you smile, well that's all that matters.

Concerns, as you say provided fluids etc are changed and well serviced, it should be fine.

Things to do?
What ever aesthetics you prefer, for me the biggest thing was improving the throttle connection. Its a personal thing and i just did not gel with the stock setting. My fix was to flash it with ECU Studio, and to change the quick shifter sensor and enable the blipper.

Its a great bike to thrash around a track, the road, or just polish and ride to a coffee shop, true versatility
Thank you very much for your answer and insight. Really appreciated!

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 06:00 PM

New Site Garage
27K bike for 22K... And you ask: "Im still deciding on what to do. What do you guys think?"

Get it. Get it now!
You've seen the bike right....Its not black...its Titanium Grey WITH black. Its a nobrainer.
For a brand new F4RR with the absolute sexiest color possible. No way in hell you gonna let that one go!

Things to change IMO: New battery, new fluids. Even when unused it gets bad over time. And new tyres. (Tyre may have a 5 year life time, but standing still on same spot for long time can create flat spots...or so I have heard).
Thats what I would chance before taking a ride.
Attached Images

glpsace likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:21 PM

My F4RR sat for 4 years after covering only 600km. No major issues, the obvious needs attention as everyone has pointed out, battery, fluids.
If it was me I would also be considering the suspension fluids as not sure how it lasts sitting around for 3 years. If in hard use the suspension should really be changed every 12-24months.

Mine did have a small oil leak which developed near the gear sensor, possibly as this area dried up it cracked. I would get the basics done then ride it gently for a short period and see what comes up, I cant imagine anything major but small oil leaks can appear if the o rings/seals have dried.

I agree with Dansoarr on the ECU Studio, blipper etc, mine is used not he track quite heavily and no major issues have come up once it was brought back to life.

Enjoy....
Jpickett and glpsace like this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
F3 675 2012 Full Track Bike
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:24 PM

congrats on the new bike
glpsace likes this.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 12:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Hello and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glpsace View Post
. . . Im still deciding on what to do. What do you guys think? . . .
The F4 is regarded in the main as the pinnacle of motorcycling. You have an opportunity to get one at a good price and you want to ask others what to do? Not being critical or pompous, but an MV is a bike one buys with their heart. Sure, as a family man finance must be a consideration, but an MV actually 'becomes' part of your family - or so you will soon learn.

The comparatively minor expense of 'recommissioning' is easily justified.

So, my thoughts? If I were in your position I'd do it. BUT, if your head is ruled by finance (or your wife) be aware that if you need to sell this bike quickly - for whatever reason - you could take quite a few thousand loss on it. That is a fact many of us have to live with, more so for an older bike in a brand new condition. All the best to you.
glpsace likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Hello friends,

Thank you very much for your input. I guess I was just in the need of some reassurance. Also Im not mechanical oriented and wanted to know if I was making some kind of mistake with purchasing a bike that have been in a storehouse for 3 years.

I was gonna go with an F4 anyway. Just was not sure if sease this opportunity or go for a used one.

Thank you very much guys.

Cheers!
nigelrb likes this.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 05:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
One thing to watch out for, and purchasers of the later models will clarify, is that these bikes usually come with extensive 'extras' such as battery tender, etc.

Some dealers tend to 'forget' about this stash in their back room.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 06:47 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Just do it !!!

Suspension fluid will be fine....even the tires will be fine for you since you won't be going 100% for a long period of orientation and caution. They aren't that old !!

Engine oil will be fine if it has been sitting in climate control and never run. Heck, all the fluids are probably OK.

Brake fluid is possibly the only one that will deteriorate from just sitting due to its tendency to absorb moisture...but in a climate controlled environment, and its sealed system, even that is unlikely.

A new battery, properly serviced.....break it in (your personal orientation period) and then service per the manual.

Just do it !!!
glpsace likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode