MV Agusta F4 RR - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 08:30 AM

It's a nice deal but if you're struggling to justify the 22k on a new bike Its understandable but perhaps not the only choice for you.
I believe you can find an F4 around the 12K low mile because most of owners around here doesn't seem to ride a lot but of course you do need to check carefully bike history.
I also bought new in 2009 one of the last 1078 and if you decide to get new you won't be disappointed just because it's stopped for so long.
I've seen that bike when it was located in Porto so can tell that the color combo is really very nice
glpsace likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:32 PM

This from a relatively good source on the net:

`For example, Mobil expects industrial or motor oils to last for five years if stored properly in the original container. Meanwhile, Total, another leading manufacturer, says motor oil should be disposed of after only two years if not used`

It also states temperature has big impact, especially if stored at low temperates. Also, its the additives that break down not generally the oil.

I am sure you can find people who say to contrary however.

For me its peace of mind, its not mega cost to change all the fluids and at least you know its all in tip top condition at that point and while the technician is doing all of this he will likely pick up on any other issues if any.
nigelrb and glpsace like this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
F3 675 2012 Full Track Bike
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:39 PM

Just do it!. The F4 RR is an amazing bike..As somebody said before, it will become part of your family real quick. Change fluids, batt, and enjoy it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 02:54 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
27K bike for 22K... And you ask: "Im still deciding on what to do. What do you guys think?"

Get it. Get it now!
You've seen the bike right....Its not black...its Titanium Grey WITH black. Its a nobrainer.
For a brand new F4RR with the absolute sexiest color possible. No way in hell you gonna let that one go!

Things to change IMO: New battery, new fluids. Even when unused it gets bad over time. And new tyres. (Tyre may have a 5 year life time, but standing still on same spot for long time can create flat spots...or so I have heard).
Thats what I would chance before taking a ride.
is it wrong that I still love the 4 inline ROUND pipes, and think square pipes totally spoil the look.

Does anyone in UK have a set of RG3 exhausts for a 2006 F4 1000R (for sale).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAROY View Post
is it wrong that I still love the 4 inline ROUND pipes, and think square pipes totally spoil the look.
Not wrong at all.

Modernisation doesn't necessarily mean 'better'.

After all, pipes were meant to be round otherwise the Scots would be blowing 'square' bagpipes!
mv raptor, SAROY and vtomi48 like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 06:33 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAROY View Post
I have to disagree with you.

On Gen 1 beqause of the more rounding bodywork the round pipes fit and look better.
On Gen 2 the sharper angles of the new bodywork make the square pipes look better. And the Bodis exhaust (I believe its called), is round and sticks out behind rear fairing piece. Which ruins the lines IMO.
stickmandj and glpsace like this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 06:56 AM

I would love a later F4, to go with my earlier one.
Go for it 👍
glpsace likes this.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for all answers! Im really excited about it. It will be my only bike... Really hope it can put big numbers in terms of mileage. I never own more than one bike and never buy them to keep them shiny in the garage.

That is my only concern. It seems the great majority of these bikes just see daylight on weekends or on special occasions and that is not my intentio at all.

Cheers.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:57 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glpsace View Post
Thank you guys for all answers! Im really excited about it. It will be my only bike... Really hope it can put big numbers in terms of mileage. I never own more than one bike and never buy them to keep them shiny in the garage.

That is my only concern. It seems the great majority of these bikes just see daylight on weekends or on special occasions and that is not my intentio at all.

Cheers.
In your previous thread, you mentioned your ride towards your job is like 10km.
Just dont rip the absolute f*ck out of an cold engine and you should be fine for many 10's of thousands of KM's. That sort of fun is for longer rides

Ride her in propperly! Years of enjoyment
glpsace likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:58 AM

Ha yes that's my mv sunny days and not really had an awful lot of time to ride.
Have another bike also that I use bike the mv is special.
glpsace likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode