Chris from X-bikes NEED HELP - Page 6 - MVAgusta.net
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:02 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
The only obvious thing that is different in terms of functionality on the Microtec is that you don't need to pull the clutch in in order to start the engine.

This is for all my anorak friends.

C.

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:59 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
why not? it is just a switch between wires pin 5, which can be flipped when running. Loading maps into ecu is a different issue
Had not seen the pin-out chart before..... so there you have it. Just need another switch and wire into the comm cable connector.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #53 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:08 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Soooo....DucShop here in Marietta GA is the US distributor !!! Good to know. Think I will go chat with Mark.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:59 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
why not? it is just a switch between wires pin 5, which can be flipped when running. Loading maps into ecu is a different issue

Like Ed, I'm old school. Once I have a map that works well why do I need to change it? Modern electronics are great but I'm a mechanical man and not electronically inclined. What point on my 1078 anyway, there is no traction control etc. to soften a map for rain, sport etc.? Running as good as I can get it only requires one map and I have a map I'm happy with for both exhausts I run.

Cheers

Deano
esq'z me likes this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #55 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:06 PM
Established Member

For me it would be a case of one for road and one for full race pipes, to save having to switch ecuís or upload a different map to get the best out of each. Itís not at all necessary, but if the functions there I think Iíd be inclined to make the most of it

Cheers
Nito
post #56 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:35 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
Awesome info, thank you Is the Aux CN6 connector the same connector used to upload maps (the block in between the two main loom connectors (V and E)? Does pin 5 purely hook up to a switch which then goes to ground to activate map switch?

Thanks again
Nito
Yes it is
Nito likes this.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #57 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:37 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Like Ed, I'm old school. Once I have a map that works well why do I need to change it? Modern electronics are great but I'm a mechanical man and not electronically inclined. What point on my 1078 anyway, there is no traction control etc. to soften a map for rain, sport etc.? Running as good as I can get it only requires one map and I have a map I'm happy with for both exhausts I run.

Cheers

Deano
That you decide not needing it is something different than telling the functionality is not there.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #58 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:22 PM

New Site Garage
I said I was not aware that it was possible. You are obviously more tech savvy than me. Also in all the software and manuals that came with mine nowhere does it mention how to adapt it to change maps on the fly let alone anything about what pin in a five pin plug does. Maybe I missed something but it didn't seem to mentioin this functionality anywhere.

Cheers

Deano
esq'z me likes this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #59 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Well Motorcycle Mall is now sending the Micro tec ECU back to Chris to remap . BUT the Map on the ECU is Chrises as he is sent it pre loaded . Eurosports only installed it and gave to me but they had the same problem Motorcycle mall did and that is the bike stopped running . SO ,looks like the ECU was bad from New . Now we will have to see if Micro tec backs there product.
falcn likes this.
post #60 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Chris motorcycle mall and I have been emailing you please check email and respond thank you .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode