Chris from X-bikes NEED HELP - Page 5 - MVAgusta.net
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:31 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Euro2 bikes do not have an o2 sensor in the exhaust and have separate headers and catalytic converter (just need a mid-pipe to remove).
Euro3 have one piece welded headers and catalytic converter.

The Microtec 232 replaces the 16M Marelli ECU. Works really great and has capability for 2 maps, switch on the fly.

The 226 replacement for the Marelli 5SM can have 2 maps, but I do not think they can be switched on the fly. I could be wrong abut that.

I have no familiarity with the newer systems (Eldor).
Thank you for that. Pardon my ignorance, what is Eldor, is that the brand of ECU the Gen 2ís come with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
226 can have 2 maps but can't be changed on the fly.

Cheers

Deano
Thank you also. How is the map switched? Is it using the start button or similar at startup to toggle
the maps? I saw someone say (though this could be for a later one) that map one tacho sweeps to 4k rpm and map 2 8k rpm at initialisation so you know which map it is in??!

Thanks
Nito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:58 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
Hi, thanks for the info, I mean switchable mapping, on the fly through a switch as it were. Ie the ecu could

Snip......
Daly I can't comment on what the M226 can do as I've never had one. Perhaps contact the Microtec guys. They do respond in ......2-7 days and are super helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
Thank you for that. Pardon my ignorance, what is Eldor, is that the brand of ECU the Gen 2ís come with?

There are 2 versions of the Gen 2. The earlier/first from 2010-2012 came with a magnetti mareli 7SM. The Eldor is the ECU that came on 2013+ F4.

As far as I am aware Microtec only made ECU's to replace the Magnetti. There isn't a Microtec to replace the Eldor ECU, though I may be mistaken.
Nito likes this.
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Tech said they need they physical small Base CD Rom that comes with the Microtech ecu Chris sends the info via email tech cant transfer ,,, Chris please send Base CD ROM If you Cant fix problem tech is having . I WILL GLADLY PAY I am going into surgery but will email tomorrow talk to motorcycle mall . I hope this is fixed by now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:02 AM

New Site Garage
The only way I know how to switch maps is using the Mon266MV program on my laptop. If you have a map loaded into mapping 2 then a dialogue box that comes up asking whether to load from mapping 1 or 2 from memory. Not too sure what the point of having 2 maps is when it's just as easy to load from whatever folder you've saved maps to. There is no way I know to instant swap without extracting the map first (Rx button on program) from mapping 2 and reloading to mapping 1. The only thing I can think of is that it's there for easy reference. No expert on the program mind you although I can tune maps to suit my bike.

Cheers

Deano
Nito likes this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:53 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That is correct Deano.... on the 226 you have to connect the software... and I don't see the value either. But then, I have no need to change mapping. I'm an old school guy. Modern electronics are a hassle for me.
Maybe we don't know everything??

The 232 I have on my F4 750 can change maps on the fly (if you have them stored), and a few other tricks the 226 doesn't do (launch control and pit lane speed, etc), IF you program them in and provide a switch.
I don't use those functions.

The 2011 Brutale 1099R I worked on recently had a 5SM ECU.... not sure what bikes got the 7SM, or what Microtec works with it.
Deano likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 07-31-2019 at 06:56 AM.
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Called motorcycle mall, Chris has not responded to phone calls or emails. So. motorcycle mall is sending Microtec unit back to micro tec to get new unit . I hope this is mistake in message if the Base CD Rom would have been sent like requested in the first place . The tech would have known what to do and I would have been riding bike weeks ago . I was told it came with base CD rom

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-31-2019 at 03:37 PM.
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 11:51 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
226 can have 2 maps but can't be changed on the fly.

Cheers

Deano
why not? it is just a switch between wires pin 5, which can be flipped when running. Loading maps into ecu is a different issue
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PinOut_M226V1.01.pdf (46.4 KB, 11 views)
esq'z me and Nito like this.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hb88xx; 07-31-2019 at 11:58 AM.
post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:03 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
That is correct Deano.... on the 226 you have to connect the software... and I don't see the value either. But then, I have no need to change mapping. I'm an old school guy. Modern electronics are a hassle for me.
Maybe we don't know everything??

The 232 I have on my F4 750 can change maps on the fly (if you have them stored), and a few other tricks the 226 doesn't do (launch control and pit lane speed, etc), IF you program them in and provide a switch.
I don't use those functions.

The 2011 Brutale 1099R I worked on recently had a 5SM ECU.... not sure what bikes got the 7SM, or what Microtec works with it.
Not true, see pdf in the previous post, all there in m226
esq'z me likes this.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:04 PM

New Site Garage
http://www.microtec.cc/en/standard-p...ort/m226-m227/

PRODUCTS
M226 / M227
ECU
Injection and ignition control unit, plug and play, specially designed to be used on models:
7SM - MV F4 (from MY10) MV F4 (from MY10) - [M227]
5SM - MV F4 (MY09), BRUTALE and DESMO 16RR -[M226]
in place of the original unit; implements all the functionality and all the safeties of the original unit, It's supplied with preloaded original map, completely customizable

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

Last edited by hb88xx; 07-31-2019 at 12:11 PM.
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:17 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
why not? it is just a switch between wires pin 5, which can be flipped when running. Loading maps into ecu is a different issue
Awesome info, thank you Is the Aux CN6 connector the same connector used to upload maps (the block in between the two main loom connectors (V and E)? Does pin 5 purely hook up to a switch which then goes to ground to activate map switch?

Thanks again
Nito

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode