2018 F4 1000 Bodis full, MV ECU install - MVAgusta.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

2018 F4 1000 Bodis full, MV ECU install

Finally had time over last week to fit my full bodis exhaust system on the 2018 MV F4. Installation was a breeze I have never had such a easy install on a full system throughout all the years of my bikes props to bodis for such a killer system props to evolution IT and design corse for the parts hook up to USA.

The ECU was underneath the gas tank and frame and was not easy to change you have to be very careful but being a master Tech of all makes and models of cars and semis I was able to remove it easily but I can see this being a major problem for a non mechanical guy.

The bike runs absolutely flawless with the ECU provided from MV Augusta. After it warms up I do have a slight erratic idle...not a high idle just very light erratic idle, which I will be plugging in to my Texa for further adjustments and reset on my TPS.

If anybody here has any information on what I should do with the texa or if there is a idle adjustment or tps reset please chime in. I have owned a texa for years and that's what I fix diesel trucks and diesel boats with I just ordered the motorcycle software and cable kit so I can use my own computer the bike.

I had to do a small fabrication to the lower radiator bracket to clear the number 4 header on the right side. Other than that, installation was a absolute pleasure.

I know I'm probably missing a bunch of details if anybody has any questions I will be more than happy to answer!!

Richard
Attached Images

Al-, phillo45, Anamorphic and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
There should be a TPS reset in your Texa software and I will wager this is the source of your erratic idle.....anytime you install a new ECU the TPS value must be registered before the bike will run properly.

MVs are easy to work on !!! So unlike Hondas and some others that were never designed to be worked on !!
Krazy1 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip! I'm waiting patiently for my texa cable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy1 View Post
Thanks for the tip! I'm waiting patiently for my texa cable
looks awesome! probably sounds like a beast now

btw where did you get ahold of your texa tool ? i saw a few guys having it on their laptop

kinda hard to obtain it

- 2014 F4RR
- 2012 Brutale 1090RR
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
There should be a TPS reset in your Texa software and I will wager this is the source of your erratic idle.....anytime you install a new ECU the TPS value must be registered before the bike will run properly.

MVs are easy to work on !!! So unlike Hondas and some others that were never designed to be worked on !!

Am I able to take the entire exhaust cable system Box off with out throwing a code?

Thank you for your knowledge 💯😎
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowjudo View Post

btw where did you get ahold of your texa tool ? i saw a few guys having it on their laptop

kinda hard to obtain it
I've had many bikes but none have sounded like this! I am extremely happy with the sound with the baffles in. The decel burble is to die for.. , I just can't get off of it! the throttle response is seamless and exhaust is so crisp
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowjudo View Post

kinda hard to obtain it

Diesel laptops in SC. They can take care of you
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy1 View Post
Am I able to take the entire exhaust cable system Box off with out throwing a code?

Thank you for your knowledge ����
I don't believe so. You need to get a "Servo Buddy" from Healtech (or someone) to fool the ECU into thinking the exhaust valve system is there and working.

The very first bikes with the valve (2010~11?) just turn on a small warning light, but later bikes will throw a dash fault code. Some models you can just remove the cables...but the actuator needs to be there.

At least that's the way I understand it.
Krazy1 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:51 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
My experience with the full Bodis system and race ECU was the CO level had to be adjusted and that was it,ran sweet after that.
But my bike is a 2009 1078,hopefully your model bike only needs the same adjustment.
Krazy1 likes this.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 08:33 PM
Established Member

I used to have a 2011 F4 with full bodis. Awesome exhaust and the sound is incredible! All I had to do to eliminate the error was to disconnect the cables at the exhaust valve.
Now I have a 2016 F4rr with a QD exhaust and for quite a while just disconnecting the cable worked fine. Then for whatever reason the limits for the exhaust valve servo were lost and the servo was pulling so hard on the cables that it eventually damaged the servo and the error came back. I tried the a healtech exhaust valve eliminator but could never get it to work. Seems they are hit or miss. I ended up going with ECU Studio and no more error.

So from my experience, if you are looking to not spend much money then disconnecting the cables is the simplest way to go...as long as you
Krazy1 likes this.

2016 F4RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode