2018 F4 1000 Bodis full, MV ECU install - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

OK guys here's an update the texa cable was going to take too long to get from diesel laptops I'm still getting it but I'm waiting for it... I took the bike to MV dealer yesterday it had no rear brake and they needed to bleed the brake under warranty anyway while the bike was there I had them reset the TPS

Unfortunately the bike still has a erratic idle the mechanic in Tampa Florida which seems to be very knowledgeable told me the throttle bodies may need to be synced. But he told me to drive it and it should get better but that doesn't make any sense if it needs to learn the idle maybe it needs to idle but then he told me it will overheat if I let it idle lol

What are your guys' thoughts on this it? I have spent so much money I do want it to be correct

Mitchy, Did you bike have a erratic idle before u adjusted the CO?

Do I have to put ECU studio on this race computer or is it tunable?

I don't think the bike needs to be tuned it runs absolutely perfect and the mechanic at the dealer thought so as well! it's just the idle guys it's just the idle

Any thoughts or information will be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 02:57 PM

I would not be surprised if the fueling is off at idle the full bodis is quite different to a standard exhaust or the SC with stock headers etc. As far as tuning goes, I'd still check it on the Dyno, the MV tune is not perfect and not specifically for the bodis and the air filter etc that you have, it's probably a safe tune, but worth checking.

Is your tune for the f4, f4RR or f4RC? The rev limits are different.

With ECU studio you can flash the ECU, and that gives you control over just about any parameter you want, from fuel, ignition, blipper, fan switch on and of course removal of the exhaust valve. It's what I run.

The healtechs are hut and miss with the F4, a quick search on here will show you that.

If you PM me your email address I can send over the latest user guide for v4 of the software, I think I have a link for a video of flashing too.

Cheers
silentservice703 and Krazy1 like this.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 07-13-2019 at 03:00 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 03:18 PM

I assume you have the Eldor race ECU or is it the mectronik do you know or have a pic?
Krazy1 likes this.

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
I assume you have the Eldor race ECU or is it the mectronik do you know or have a pic?

Eldor race it is, is there a fuel trim setting on eldor race? I also spoke to another seasoned MV tech and he told me to sync throttle bodies (wich is extremely easy with gauges and a carburetor screwdriver right from both sides of the bike) and to possibly fatten up the idle. Hopefully the throttle body sync will do the trick but im ready to fight it till its fixed lol

PM sent! And thank you! I heard ecu studio was excellent. will it work w eldor race? Hopefully there are a few setting inside eldor?

Last edited by Krazy1; 07-14-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:54 PM

Ok so the Eldor Race is a standard Eldor ECU with a Race ROM in it. That basically means that with the appropriate software e.g ECU Studio you can tune all of the maps / tables, in fact a lot of 'race' ECU's sold are standard Eldor units Flashed with the Pro Version of ECU Studio using the latest Race ROM from them.

The body sync is never a bad thing, it might work or might not, but should always be better sync'd than not.

There is no idle table as such, there is an Idle target which is just RPM, then there is are the Fuel tables etc and importantly the trim tables for Cylinders 2, 3 & 4. These can make a big difference if done well. When you bought your ECU did they way what ROM was in it ? e.g 0156FY39 or anything with K/W/X or Y in it?

I'll send you the user guide, anything you need to know just shout.

Cheers

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much!

I have attached a picture of the computer you can see the part numbers. the part number with the tape near the connectors is the part number from design corse and MV
Basically its 2018 quick shift open exhaust

I like the studio looks nice! I hope the throttle body sync fixes it because my bike does run very nice I would hate to have to mess with all the settings again 😎😎
Attached Images

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 04:38 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy1 View Post
OK guys here's an update the texa cable was going to take too long to get from diesel laptops I'm still getting it but I'm waiting for it... I took the bike to MV dealer yesterday it had no rear brake and they needed to bleed the brake under warranty anyway while the bike was there I had them reset the TPS

Unfortunately the bike still has a erratic idle the mechanic in Tampa Florida which seems to be very knowledgeable told me the throttle bodies may need to be synced. But he told me to drive it and it should get better but that doesn't make any sense if it needs to learn the idle maybe it needs to idle but then he told me it will overheat if I let it idle lol

What are your guys' thoughts on this it? I have spent so much money I do want it to be correct

Mitchy, Did you bike have a erratic idle before u adjusted the CO?

Do I have to put ECU studio on this race computer or is it tunable?

I don't think the bike needs to be tuned it runs absolutely perfect and the mechanic at the dealer thought so as well! it's just the idle guys it's just the idle

Any thoughts or information will be much appreciated

Yes,idle was terrible,kept stalling and I could smell excess fuel.
As soon as the Co was adjusted the bike ran perfect and has ever since.
Krazy1 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Last edited by mitchy; 07-15-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode