heat control suggestion - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

heat control suggestion

Hello All, this is a suggestion for ALL new 200+hpbikes Not just for MV . I read members posts where they where concerned that there F4/F4RR was up to temperature as they where backing the bike up out of the garage. My F4RR my H2, my buddies ZX10R, and R1 ALL do this . So when I had my F4RR at the dealer installing upgrades I had them take the thermostate out. I normally wouldn't do such a thing but I too thought with new Superbikes making SO much HP per liter they all make a ton of heat instantly . My F4RR never over heated but you practically start the bike and the thermostate is open . WELL with no thermostate the bike gets up to temperature in the NORMAL amount of time . No it doesn't cool the bike any better but I cant believe its good for the engine to be at 200 degrees so quickly even before you start riding . ALSO you eliminate to risk of the thermostate sticking and overheating engine .FYI ..I also had dealer make the fan turn on at 180 degree instead of the factory setting of 207 degrees. I also had the race water pump installed which brings temp down much quicker . If you really want your bike to run cooler have a FEBUR race radiator installed . My 2007 MV F41000R even when riding hard temp stays at 180-185 degrees.
ESBKLife likes this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-27-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:11 AM

I would love to add a FEBUR race radiator to any of my bikes but, at the astronomical price point of a Febur or the H2O, I'll have to pass lol. Also, with most of those race radiators you lose the cooling fans as there's no room to install them, so constant motion is needed for air flow.
ViggenF4 likes this.

2010 MV F4 1000 Track bike
2012 BMW S1000RR Race Bike
2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS SE (Damn that's a mouth full)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:21 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
Engines perform best at a certain temperature range. The sooner that temperature is reached the better for the engine.

If engineers have managed to get an engine to optimum temperature quickly from a cold starting engine, without the engine ever overheating, then credit to them.
cruiser, esq'z me and ViggenF4 like this.

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:21 PM

Can highly recommend bringing the fans on earlier at 95 degrees instead of the stock 105 degrees.
Done with ecustudio. Bike is so much happier and doesn't burn my legs to a crisp anymore.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 02:12 AM

New Site Garage
Had to have a giggle, removing the thermo was a trick we used on our inline MGB's....good old Morris Garage's only designed them to run in the UK. Southern hemisphere temperatures had them running like a front rower at 80 minutes. This is almost an exact version of mine...
Attached Images

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in