F fo[u]r fabulous - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes
  • 6 Post By 110205
  • 1 Post By Edward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

F fo[u]r fabulous

The F4 got its 1000klm first service tíother day, there areno MV dealers this far south of the equator, so the Triumph dealer did thework. A positive and pleasant experience,I am glad to report, and I am confident about their capacity to service & lookafter my bike.
I havenít had many chances for a decent ride of late, so a200klm/120 mile return saunter on her majestyís highway that has plenty oftwisties & scenery was eagerly anticipated. First stop, the servo (service, or petrol station) was a shock. 11 kpl /31 mpg, this bike does not liketraffic and short rides.
About 45 minutes into the ride I was marvelling at how wellthe suspension worked, & started thinking about some of the anecdotes I hadheard, and bike journo articles I had read, on the F4.
I stopped half way, a toilet break a chance to get off andgaze at its loveliness, set against the water and boats. You know your bike is good if you canítdecide whether to keep looking at it, or to hurry back to riding.
Back, at more or less posted speed limits. I am still surprised that contrary to muchof what I had read, how relatively comfortable the F4 is. Although not a Turismo Veloce, the riding positionis not vexing for me, and the seat is not too hard, and the suspension is notdesigned for track use only. The mirrorsare somewhat auxiliary, & one certainly needs to be attentive when doingslow turns, as the steering lock is petite, and when positioning to pull outinto traffic, as looking over your shoulder is limited by the riding positionand narrow bars. The relatively tallseat & narrow bars can also make moving the bike about to park etc slightlyworrying, but these things are no great inconvenience, as long as one iscareful. It is not a scooter.
Towards the end of the ride I was reflecting on somethingthat HRH Nigelrb had said to me. Evenwhen I am not riding, or trying to ride the F4 to its brief, i.e. hammer &tongs, if I am just dawdling along at more or less posted speed limits, it is justfabulous to be on. The mellifluous note,frame & suspension stiff yet supple and forgiving, throttle responsive andwilling, able in an instant to merge with the horizon. The fact that it is hand-made and so alluringto look at just makes the sensations all the more personal and beguiling. It is not just a great bike, it is an MVAgusta.
At the servo again, 19kpl/54 mpg this time, I just love thisbike, it even makes it easy on my $ and the planetís resources. My only regret is that I did not becomeenlightened earlier.
italia, esq'z me, Edward and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:08 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Great write up.... and I will concur with all the sentiments you have expressed....

Beautiful to look at....beautiful to ride.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:38 PM

' s u b l i m e '
esq'z me likes this.

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
Special thanks to forum member Donsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:55 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Good story,thanks for sharing.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode