F4 RC owners I need help - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

F4 RC owners I need help

Hello and thank you for your help . I am buying the F4 RC solo seat tail piece for my F4RR. QUESTION: when you installed your F4RC Tailpiece did you have to use parts from RR Tail piece to install? Meaning is the F4RC Tailpiece complete so you can just take the RR tail piece out and put the RC tail piece right in ? This is what I am purchasing .
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 12:38 AM

Hi mate,

I purchased this exact tailpiece and installed on my 2013 F4RR. The answer to your question...

'when you installed your F4RC Tailpiece did you have to use parts from RR Tail piece to install?'

is no, all the parts are integral to this RC tail piece (unlike some other MV tailpieces where you do need to transfer over hardware)

I can send you pictures if you like as mine is now removed and hanging as a art piece on my wall (my room is covered in spare fairing pieces)

PM me if you want more detail.

I assume you know the ridiculous price of this RC tail piece?

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 02:07 AM

Here you go, you can see its all built into the carbon.
Attached Images

MV Arthur likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Jholis THANK YOU I owe you one . I am installing on a 2012 F4RR and cost is 990$ ...ouch ... they didn't even kiss me first lol. Its part of my Retire present to myself I already installed the SC PROJECT , exhaust with BODIS headers , X-BIKE Race Tuned MICRO TEC ECU and BMS race intake.With the Matte Black color on the main tail piece and clear tail lense with intergrated turn signals it will look great if I do say so myself lol. FYI .. I installed CRC Carbon fiber air scoops for front caliper cooling . I haven't run the F4RR on a track day yet but have ridden over 160 MPH on the Pa Turnpike and they didn't fade. Jholis... The F4RC has better Brembo Calipers than our F4RR. The F4RC uses Brembo M4 Calipers like my Kawasaki H2. The ISR 4 piston aluminum Monoblock Calipers are better than the Brembo M4 calipers in feel and power and do not fade as they use 4 pads per caliper and air runs through caliper for cooling. ( just in case you where thinking of upgrading/matching the F4RR brakes also ) My 2007 MV F4 1000RR has ISR 4 piston calipers. 1 finger 120=160 mph smooth linear trail braking/braking. Again thank You for the Component list info much appreciated.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Jholis THANK YOU I owe you one . I am installing on a 2012 F4RR and cost is 990$ ...ouch ... they didn't even kiss me first lol. Its part of my Retire present to myself I already installed the SC PROJECT , exhaust with BODIS headers , X-BIKE Race Tuned MICRO TEC ECU and BMS race intake.With the Matte Black color on the main tail piece and clear tail lense with intergrated turn signals it will look great if I do say so myself lol. FYI .. I installed CRC Carbon fiber air scoops for front caliper cooling . I haven't run the F4RR on a track day yet but have ridden over 160 MPH on the Pa Turnpike and they didn't fade. Jholis... The F4RC has better Brembo Calipers than our F4RR. The F4RC uses Brembo M4 Calipers like my Kawasaki H2. The ISR 4 piston aluminum Monoblock Calipers are better than the Brembo M4 calipers in feel and power and do not fade as they use 4 pads per caliper and air runs through caliper for cooling. ( just in case you where thinking of upgrading/matching the F4RR brakes also ) My 2007 MV F4 1000RR has ISR 4 piston calipers. 1 finger 120=160 mph smooth linear trail braking/braking. Again thank You for the Component list info much appreciated.
No worries, it is my birthday in March so just send me a Super Veloce.

Like I mentioned, my tailpiece is hooked onto my mirror in my man cave as I am not using but I cant sell it....it will go back on at some point I think.

That is a nice list of mods you have done there, was thinking of fitting the SC exhaust, very tempting.
As for brakes, I have the Brembo billet master cylinder and Z04 pads, the pads alone are worth the money. Next for me is T Drive discs and I am waiting for my mate to sell his GP4 RX calipers as he will upgrade soon.

You need to put some pictures up so we can all see your work!

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013

Last edited by jhollis; 01-05-2019 at 04:45 AM.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 04:08 PM

New Site Garage
@[email protected]

I bought one as well for my MY14 F4RR. It is absolutely beautiful, everyone loves the look but a few pointers for you. Mine had some burrs on the inside from the original "casting" which got in the way of proper fitment. It took me a while to figure that out and I just ended up using the dremel to knock them down. Just check to see there's no bumps on the inside first. Second, even with the burrs smoothed out, it doesn't fit perfectly. Mine has a slightly bigger gap on one side vs. the other and I'm pretty sure jhollis had/has the same issue. These bikes are hand made so go figure. There are grommets that you can order separately and I ordered them but didn't end up using them.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Fingertight thanks for the info but you lost me on the ..gromets?.. I will probabaly understand when I get the piece.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Fingertight thanks for the info but you lost me on the ..gromets?.. I will probabaly understand when I get the piece.
The pan head type grommets are intended to go in the holes either side of the pin, fitting them on my tail piece would not allow the unit to snap shut, so mine not fitted either.

2016 F4 RR mapped with ECU Studio
2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2019 F4 RC
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 06:31 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
The brakes on the F4RR (>2009) do not fade on the track.

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Chilblane thank you I understand now . How did you get yours to fit? did you grind edge also ? I have a small grinder and have gotten quite good at shaping metals ect . CHRISTOSC good to hear I have done track day with F4RR yet I got the Carbon Fiber cooling air scoops from CRC just in case . The ISR 4 piston units I have on my 2007 F4 1000R have spoiled me.
christosc likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in