How does your F4 compare to your other sport bikes ? - MVAgusta.net
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

How does your F4 compare to your other sport bikes ?

Hi.....new to the forum. Finally joined after many years of dreaming about getting an MV. Fell in love with this bike from day 1 as most people do but never did buy one. I currently ride an Aprilia RSV4 but I'm constantly dreaming of the F4. Of all the reading I do on the F4, I see that owners love them and the bike seem to be as reliable as any other bike but for some reason, the F4 continues to get bad reviews on comparison tests. I read about fueling issues for this bike on many reviews and I'm wondering if the newer generation (2013 and newer) have these issues resolved or has it been resolved with aftermarket map updates ? I'd also love to hear how F4 owners compare their MV to other sport bikes they own. I'm sure most of you have heard that the RSV4 is rated as one of the best handling bikes out there. Fast Bikes magazine gave it the Sportbike of the year award for 5 of the last 6 years and as much as I like my bike, I still lust after an MV.

Looking forward to hearing your comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 11:58 PM

New Site Garage
I had a R1M before my F4RC. It was a nice bike for sure, but really nothing special to it. And I like special.....

The handling is better on the RC. Barely anyone use these bikes to its fully potential so when it comes down to it: pick the bike that you like the most. You will go stupid fast on any liter machine.

My R1M got stolen so before I rushed and bought a new bike the day after it was solved I sat down and thought of which bike I really wanted. I’ve always - like you and the rest of the world - wanted a MV Agusta F4. I had it as a poster when I was younger and it’s a absolute dream.

Then I registered in here and started with all my silly questions and read the most I could. I stumbled across the F4RC AMG version and decided I was going to buy it immediately. Every bike was sold out. A dealer here in Sweden said he could get one but it was the Motul version.
Doesn’t matter. Looking at the 3 RC Version there is right now I got the best looking one I think.

I’m very happy with it and it feels very special. Very few bikes give me that feeling today. F4 is truly a dream bike!

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 01:53 AM
Established Member

Stop trying to rationalize your decision. If you follow your head, there there are probably better choices, on a $/benefit scale. If you follow your heart, well, sounds like you've already made that decision. You can buy a Toyota Prius to get you where you want to go. You can buy a lamborghinini, it gives you something - indefinable - the Prius never will.
albymangled and albymangled like this.

2005 F4 Mamba Ago
2004 Brutale Oro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 03:32 PM

I have owned a number of Ducati's, rode the HP4, Panigale R and RSV. All are great bikes and pound for pound (or dollar for dollar) better bikes than the F4 when ridden stock. The HP4 and the RSV are much easier bikes to ride fast, the F4 is much more difficult in comparison and because of that I find it much more rewarding....when you get it right.
I also believe with a little tweaking the F4 can be closer to the others, just direct from the factory it is not at its best.
If you have always lusted after one, which is the same as myself after i rode the first F4 750 when it was released many many years ago then I don't think you will be disappointed. It took me over 15 years of lusting to eventually purchase one and i have been very happy. I use Evolutionbike for parts and as such have had no issues in getting hold of whats needed. My previous F4 i had one failure of coli springs in 2 years of ownership. Now just purchased an F4RR so lets see how it goes.
It does depend which model you are looking at somewhat? looking at the details, finish on my F4RR, its something Aprilia, BMW or Ducati just cant produce (or don't for cost purposed).
And, come on, none of them look as good as the F4.....look at Ducati's new V4, looks awful in my opinion.
FL Ogborn and FL Ogborn like this.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 04:20 PM
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasF4 View Post
I had a R1M before my F4RC. It was a nice bike for sure, but really nothing special to it. And I like special.....

The handling is better on the RC. Barely anyone use these bikes to its fully potential so when it comes down to it: pick the bike that you like the most. You will go stupid fast on any liter machine.

My R1M got stolen so before I rushed and bought a new bike the day after it was solved I sat down and thought of which bike I really wanted. Iíve always - like you and the rest of the world - wanted a MV Agusta F4. I had it as a poster when I was younger and itís a absolute dream.

Then I registered in here and started with all my silly questions and read the most I could. I stumbled across the F4RC AMG version and decided I was going to buy it immediately. Every bike was sold out. A dealer here in Sweden said he could get one but it was the Motul version.
Doesnít matter. Looking at the 3 RC Version there is right now I got the best looking one I think.

Iím very happy with it and it feels very special. Very few bikes give me that feeling today. F4 is truly a dream bike!
Now N if you could just do something about your Avatar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 06:50 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSM View Post
Now N if you could just do something about your Avatar
Gotta love the ZXR. It was my first big bike and Iíve kept it ever since. Put a 900-engine in it and changed all the rest too on it. Still looks very fresh after all these years.
The tuning company that has my MV will get my ZXR when finished the MV. I still have some ideas left nobody has been able to help me with yet.

So compared to my F4, the ZXR belongs in the scrap yard.

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 03:50 AM

My MV F4RR handkes better and faster than my ZX10R ,GSxR1000RR handles better than my Aprilia RSV41000RR (worked) Faster and Handles better than my Ducati 1198 . Dead even for speed with Rehr 1250sc (supercharged And Faster better handling than My Kawasaki H2, Triumph Sprint Handles better than any bike I have or had toss up with Buell Firebolt handling Very smooth bike but you now its been Tuned with power squeezed out of it for years . You know you bought a true hand crafted RACE bike .
The Roehr 1250sc is second for same reasons.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 06:08 AM

New Site Garage
You buy a MV with your heart. It has a soul unlike any of the other brands. I have a 1098 and never ride it. Always pick my MV's over it.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 09:02 AM

Like what was mentioned they are all special in their own rights (except the Japanese bikes) and to some extent the S1000RR.

Also a previous RSV4 owner and like what was mentioned above, get what makes your juices flow.. The F4 just felt way to bulky for me.
Picked up a Panigale and love it, but I am faster on the S1000RR, RSV4 and my 675R.. such a hard bike to ride consistently.. but when you get it right it is very rewarding and the sound is awesome..

You sound like you want the F4, GO FOR IT!.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 01:54 PM

New Site Garage
My previous sports bike was an R1 but it was almost a decade older than my F4RR. I too lusted after the MV and waited a number years before I actually bought one. For me, any sport bike is far more capable than I am so if magazines think other bikes handle better, I'm not going to replace the MV because they like something else better. I think the bottom line is there is no comparison to owning an MV despite their temperament. Like others said, go with your heart. These bikes are very special and the way to own one is with your heart.
gotfolk and gotfolk like this.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode