New Build Thread 2013 F4RR - MVAgusta.net
 80Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 735
New Build Thread 2013 F4RR

So it's time to open a new build thread for my recently purchased 2013 F4RR.

The bike comes to me in 2-3 days.

For anyone who has followed my previous thread here....

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/106-f4...ial-build.html

Many of the parts will transferred over such as the AMG fairings. The termi exhaust may go over but I am also tempted with the SC. However as the RR is black/white I need to purchase a red fuel tank or my AMG fairings wont match. Intention is to buy the RC fuel tank from Evolution. Wish me luck.

Many more pics to follow.
Attached Images
 
GeorgeO and GeorgeO like this.
jhollis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 735
First minor order of parts from Evolution has gone in.

You can see in the picture the bike has an MV Corse tail tidy but with original indicators. These are too big for this in my opinion so ordered some Lightechs.

Additionally, changing the clutch slave to CNC to improve feel.

Will also add Progrip 717 as these are my personal fave for feel.
jhollis is offline  
post #3 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Roehr@1250sc's Avatar
Is Micro tech harder/easier/same skill level to install than most other brands of ECU? I know dumb question . I love mechanical engineering hate computer programing . any help is good have bike at Eurosports in Coopersburg pa .Bought Micro tech ECU pre programed. Gave list of upgrade components to tech in England who is supposed to be well versed in the micro tech brand . Wish me luck .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
Is Micro tech harder/easier/same skill level to install than most other brands of ECU? I know dumb question . I love mechanical engineering hate computer programing . any help is good have bike at Eurosports in Coopersburg pa .Bought Micro tech ECU pre programed. Gave list of upgrade components to tech in England who is supposed to be well versed in the micro tech brand . Wish me luck .
I assume you are dealing with Chris at X Bikes? if so all should be well. My mechanic installed mine, they had to make some tweaks to the map due to the high temp/moisture we have here in Singapore, all was well in the end.
jhollis is offline  
post #5 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 735
So here she is....
Attached Images
         
jhollis is offline  
post #6 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 735
However, these are the issues so far:

1, Horrible to pull off from standstill, bogs down very easy now matter how much throttle you give it. Need to check if it has the latest map from 2015 update.

2, Quick shift up works 20% of the time, blipper not at all.

3, When accelerating relatively hard and change up, there is a very short hesitation before the bike picks up. Strange thing is it seems to pick up for half a second, then hesitate and then goes fine.

4, Tyres are 4 years old so feel awful, will swap this week

5, The throttle is very loose/slack compared to my previous F4 which was cable operated. Difficult to modulate the throttle well. I hear there was a stiffer spring added at some point?

The bike is still running in as only 550km at the moment. Goes in tomorrow for new tyres and checks on the above items.
jhollis is offline  
post #7 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
ARAMIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollis View Post
I assume you are dealing with Chris at X Bikes? if so all should be well. My mechanic installed mine, they had to make some tweaks to the map due to the high temp/moisture we have here in Singapore, all was well in the end.
I got the ECU from Evolutionbike to sustain my RG7 full exhaust and the bike runs fantastic!
ARAMIS is offline  
post #8 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 735
So as you may know (or not) I have all the AMG RC fairings, purchased from MV earlier this year. These were fitted previously to my red/silver F4. They will now be transferred over to this RR however the fuel tank is a problem as it wont match.
As such i have ordered the 2017 RC fuel tank from MV. This is actually the MOTUL version but there is no MOTUL decals on the tank, just has white on the top which i like.

Hopefully it will arrive before Xmas but......

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
jhollis is offline  
post #9 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 752
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollis View Post
However, these are the issues so far:

1, Horrible to pull off from standstill, bogs down very easy now matter how much throttle you give it. Need to check if it has the latest map from 2015 update.

2, Quick shift up works 20% of the time, blipper not at all.

3, When accelerating relatively hard and change up, there is a very short hesitation before the bike picks up. Strange thing is it seems to pick up for half a second, then hesitate and then goes fine.

4, Tyres are 4 years old so feel awful, will swap this week

5, The throttle is very loose/slack compared to my previous F4 which was cable operated. Difficult to modulate the throttle well. I hear there was a stiffer spring added at some point?

The bike is still running in as only 550km at the moment. Goes in tomorrow for new tyres and checks on the above items.
Hey J. Would seem to be a flash issue for most of these. I noticed my MY14 is tough off the line also but it doesn't bog...in my case I think the clutch just grabs so quickly it's more like a bucking bronco than a bog. Very difficult to slip the clutch from a standstill. The throttle can be set by the dash. If it seems loose it could just be set on rain mode or it could be related to the ECU flash/TPS or all three. It's possible the ECU flash will fix your ills. Do you want to get rid of the rear seat cowl you have from the other bike? Still waiting on mine from March.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
fingertight is offline  
post #10 of 233 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingertight View Post
Hey J. Would seem to be a flash issue for most of these. I noticed my MY14 is tough off the line also but it doesn't bog...in my case I think the clutch just grabs so quickly it's more like a bucking bronco than a bog. Very difficult to slip the clutch from a standstill. The throttle can be set by the dash. If it seems loose it could just be set on rain mode or it could be related to the ECU flash/TPS or all three. It's possible the ECU flash will fix your ills. Do you want to get rid of the rear seat cowl you have from the other bike? Still waiting on mine from March.
Thanks mate. I have tried all the settings, Rain, Normal, Sport, all awful. Checking first if it has the latest map as I am aware a number of these issues were addressed in the 2015 service update from MV.

You mean my RC seat cowl? if so, no, it will come over to this bike once the AMG fairings go on. The other cowl, plain red version I sold a while ago.
Sorry mate.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
jhollis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome