New Build Thread 2013 F4RR - Page 25 - MVAgusta.net
 85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 255 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanl View Post
Larger diameter slaves will only make a difference on the ratio of pull on lever and stroke on clutch, therefore a larger slave makes lever pull easier, with the cost of uncoupling distance (not sure if those terms are correct in English).

Didn’t realized you had different slave cylinder. If it’s a larger one, when the fluid gets hot it reduces even more the action on the clutch. Going back to OEM size should be the way to go (harder lever effort with more travel on clutch).

As for STM, I do use one of those on mine, but not sure if different size. I changed looking for easier neutrals when hot (so should have gone smaller). Anyway didn’t had success on that either and just learned to live with that.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Thanks mate. I have a feeling this will be the way I go, back to OEM. Strange though that this is the first time this is happening, the bike has been to Sepang and Buriram before and no issues. Maybe I am getting faster and punishing the bike more....lol...I wish.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 255 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:46 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollis View Post
Thanks mate. I have a feeling this will be the way I go, back to OEM. Strange though that this is the first time this is happening, the bike has been to Sepang and Buriram before and no issues. Maybe I am getting faster and punishing the bike more....lol...I wish.

Lol. Hope this is the case.

post #243 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Gave her a clean and thought she looked pretty good in the car parking space.
Close to the 6k service so will be going in after the next track day in a few weeks time.

Here are some latest pics. Nothing major new, the RC fuel tank will go back on soon.
Attached Images

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013

Last edited by jhollis; 05-12-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Jhollis Very sharp you should be proud. I like the silver rear hub. Subdued but looks great matching the Exhaust. BTW where did you get your seat? looks great.
post #245 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Jhollis Very sharp you should be proud. I like the silver rear hub. Subdued but looks great matching the Exhaust. BTW where did you get your seat? looks great.
It was purchased from a guy who seemed to have many factory race parts from the RC team. So I am told it was from Camiers bike from the 2016 season?.....either way its very light/thin carbon with just decals (no paint) for the colours/logos. You will notice there is no hole for rear lights so I mounted one directly below to allow it to be used on the road....albeit not totally legal...lol
It also does not allow you to mount the side lower small fairings, the ones that sit below the fuel tank as these normally mount to the front of the Rear fairing. You can see the sub frame exposed so there is no where to mount....this was before BMW did it with their S1000RR.
[email protected] likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
post #246 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:15 PM

Jholis The Corbin Gunfighter seat I purchased for my Triumph Sprint St1050 has Carbon for the rider and .. Skate.... yes, Skate the ugly cousin of the Manta Ray. Looks great its course and the toughest seat covering known to mankind lol. The second toughest seat covering is said to be Carbon. Corbin makes the best seats on the market. Unfortunately Corbin doesn't do MV seats . But corbin does seats for the triumph Sprint st? Go figure?? I practically begged Corbin to do my MV F4 seat but no go. When I get time
I am going to call Corbin and see if they will sell me....skate cloth...?

FYI Skate is so tough top tier race gloves use Skate as the palm material.
post #247 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

She just arrived at Sepang again for another track day, fresh SC1's with the new V3 compound and we updated the throttle table via ECU studio to give a more 1 - 1 throttle response.
I originally complained about the sloppiness, or on/off feeling of the fly by wire throttle on the 2013 F4RR, even after map updates and new throttle assembly it was never as good as my previous F4, with cable throttle and Microtec.

Let's see how this works out, on track Friday PM, looking forward to it.

New clutch slave also so hopefully fixes the problem of zero clutch after 3-4 laps.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
post #248 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:36 PM
Established Member

What slave you ended with?

Also, is your master OEM?

Curious to see how it goes.

Have fun!

post #249 of 255 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanl View Post
What slave you ended with?

Also, is your master OEM?

Curious to see how it goes.

Have fun!

Hey mate, posted some photos below. I am using OEM clutch master with a new STM slave. The problem is now fixed so seems my previous slave was maybe pulling in air or something.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013

Last edited by jhollis; 06-02-2019 at 12:33 AM.
post #250 of 255 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Some pictures from Sepang over the weekend. She felt very good this time, no issues with the clutch, just the odd niggle with the gearbox now and again such as false neutral and wouldn't go from 4th to 5th at one point. Overall though she behaved considering the battering she was getting.
Attached Images

stickmandj likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode