F4RR 2013 Vs 2015 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

F4RR 2013 Vs 2015

I am still looking at purchasing an RR sometime in December. Currently there is a 2015 in red/white with around 13k on the clock, price is ok. Now a 2013 has come up quite a bit cheaper and with only 1k on the clock, black and white.

How is the fueling/throttle response compare between these 2? I hear the 2013 being the first year of ride by wire was a bit iffy? by that I mean you feel disconnected from the bike. Is it something that can be fixed by ECU studio or other ECU mods?

Any other major differences making it worth going for the 2015?

I also dont find the fact it only has covered 1k to be a great factor as this means it has sat for the majority of the last 4 years.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 02:21 PM

I donr think there were any real revisions between 13 and 15.

If the ecu updates have been done the 13 should be the same as 15.

EcuStudio will work well on both.

Quickshifter might be something to check, not sure what was standard in your region.

If it has 3 wires then it should be able to be upgraded to QS and Blipper. Will probably need a new sensor, there's a thread or two on this.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 08:57 PM

I had the exact same concern as I was considering a 2013 F4RR (2k miles) vs a 2015 F4RR (iirc 8k miles) a few months ago. I wasn't able to ride either one as they were both on the West Coast, almost 4500 km from me. The best I could do was Facetime videoconferencing. Throttle response is very important for me as I ride in the city and pulling into my shop every morning for work, I need to stop 90 degrees headfirst at the curb, turn the bike off, unlock and open the front door, and come up about 15 cm. I also use my motor as my horn here in NYC. It is a very loud environment and I need to be able to rev at an instant. It is quicker than reaching for the horn button and every millisecond counts for me, safetywise. So far, the 2013 has been acceptable, but definitely not as responsive as any of my previous gen F4's.

I read about a stiffer throttle spring on the 2015 so if I kept that upgrade option open for the 13. There are a few threads about it if you search. I couldn't find any other justifiable differences (other than age), to compensate for the cost difference, which was over $5000. Good luck and let us know which one you get. Either choice will be the correct one lol.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S

Last edited by MV Arthur; 10-28-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks both for your comments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode